Chapter five: The plan 📍

"Oh my, Corio. What happened to you?" I yelled when Coriolanus got home with his shirt full of blood.

"Arachne is dead"

"WHAT?" This can't be true.

"She's dead. Her tribute killed her. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't save her"

"Corio it's okay. I'm sure that you tried your best. Thanks to them all the other tributes will suffer. Doctor Gaul will never forget this and now Lucy will live in the worst conditions."

"Why do you care so much about her? She's just a girl who will die anyways."

"No she's not gonna die. I make sure she will win the games I had this new plan. Hear me out. Every citizen of the Capitol can bet on the tributes. In that way they will have food. So the only thing that she must do is survive."

"You thought all this just for her? A girl who you met yesterday?" That really hurt my heart. He sure gives me love but not that kind. I dream about a future with him and he plans his future with another girl who literally met yesterday.

"What's wrong with that Patra?"

" I um nothing nothing. I just wonder why you do all this. "

"I don't know" he said with a hurt expression. He knows how I feel and he's sorry but he also knows that his heart belongs to her.

" I need some sleep. " I answered and got to my room.

"I can't sleep not yet because I have an assignment for doctor Gaul."

"Good luck with that" As I got out of the Snow apartment I can hear Corio's grandma yell about the districts. Deep down I know that she hates me too.

When I entered the lad I saw Clemencia and Corio talking with doctor Gaul. I thought that they were talking about her new babies but when I saw Clemencia getting her hand in there I knew that she was screwed. And I was right ofc because moments later Clemencia got bitten by the rainbow snakes. If I heard right all this was about their assignment. She's so cruel I really hate working with her.

Last night before the beginning of the hunger games. The tributes and the mentors got in the arena to talk about their strategy. I got a break from my work and I found some time to go visit the Snow's. The TV plays live what happens in the arena everything seemed normal but then bomds started to fall in the arena. It was the rebels they tried to stop the games.

The camera closed. They cut the live. I immediately run from the Snow's apartment to get to the Capitol's hospital. When I go there I found Corio in a bed with bad injuries. He looked terrible.

After a few hours he woke up.

"Corio are you alright?" I said with a worries tone.

"I'm okay. Lucy Gray saved me. I'm alive thanks to her. she could've let me die there but she saved my life." He looked impressed and his eyes lighted up.

"Lucy Gray...Is...is she okay?" He asked when I realized want really happened.

"Yeah she's fine. Sejanus tribute ran away the looking for him everywhere."

Coriolanus looked relived.

"You should rest. Tomorrow is the big day." I said and cover him with a blanket.
_______________________________________
Words:560📍