I Believe

After sitting in the café for what you both felt was not long enough, it was almost closing time and the rain had not let up. The sunset through the clouds was a sight that took your breaths away. The sky was painted a fantastic pink/orange, and the rain was like small sparks falling to the streets. You both had sat at your table holding hands, neither wanting to let go of the other. When you were the last ones left, you stood, still holding hands, and started towards the door. You laced your fingers together and leaned closer as you walked. Once you got outside the door, you put a hand out to feel the rain and tilted your face upwards to enjoy the feeling of the warm droplets hitting your face. Ai laughed and spun you around, the two of you ending up in a hug. Your faces instantly turned red, and you giggled at the cuteness of the situation, burying your face in his now damp shoulder. He froze before hugging you back and laughing as well.

"Hey Ai, my parents have been out of town visiting a relative for a few days, and they come back the week after next. I really hate being alone, and I always get really scared of the dark, and what I'm saying is: would it be odd to ask if you would stay with me? I-I'm not implying anything! I just don't want to be afraid of my own shadow again tonight-"

"Oh! Uh, sure! We can watch movies if you want to, or we can make cookies or something! I'm excited!"

"How about both!" You start toward your house hand in hand with your new best friend and... Boyfriend? "H- Uh, hey Ai?"

"Yes, Y/n?"

"Are we dating now, then?"

"W-well, um, I guess we are!"

"So, so are you my boyfriend? I mean- can you be? ..My boyfriend?"

"Absolutely!" His face lit up. "Um.. Hey Y/n? Do you believe in love at first sight?"

To be completely honest, you were surprised. You didn't believe in love at first sight, but you had never met anyone you felt this comfortable with before. Not to mention the fact that you thought about him every waking moment since you had first spoken to him.

"Yes, I think I do."

Ai smiled at your answer and quietly replied "Me too."