'Wawawawait, where you going? Besides do you even know where to go?'

The girl stopped in her tracks. 'T-To be honest, only that n-need to go to a church.'

'A church.'

'Yes.'

'...Here.'

'Yes.'

'...I doubt you'll find one here in this district. Or in this city for that matter.'

After all, this was Academy City. The superstitious and occult do not survive in such a scientific and reasonable world.
At least, that's what the misfortunate Kamijou-san would say if one removes the adjective "misfortunate" to his person.

Case in put, Touma Kamijou was a very misfortunate person.

His whole life had been nothing but misfortune. He was born unlucky, he lived unluckily, and will die unlucky. That's just how it worked with him. Even the strength he had didn't help much; if anything it only intensified his misfortune.

Kamijou watched as the girl in front of him slumped down, a depressive aura emanating from her body can't help but feel bad. After all, whoever this girl is, she must be in a hurry to look for a church in here. 'I'm afraid to ask, but why do you need to go to a church here in the first place?'

'Because I'm being chased.'

The air within the room shifted. Kamijou felt his hands clench into fists.

'Who is hunting you?' Kamijou asked. His heart pounded within his chest, his breath got shallower by the second, the noise around him went away as he focused entirely on this troubled woman.

"I am being chased... by magicians."

Only to hear what he thought a POP! in his head.

'...mmm?'

'For the past couple months, magicians have been pursuing me throughout Japan. They nearly got me a couple times, but by the grace of God I managed to get away.'

'Wha-'

'One of them was a tall man, with an oddly youthful face, wearing priestly robes. The other one is a striking Japanese beauty, with an odd choice for clothing...'

'Wait a second.'

'I'm getting ahead of myself. In a few moments your life will be in danger, which is why I must go to a church and ask for sanctuary. Forgive me for not coming clean with you on this matter but seeing your attire it seems you aren't someone involved with the occul-'

'Time the F out! What the hell is happening, and furthermore, what are you talking about!?'

'I'm being chased.'

'Yes?'

'By magicians?'

'...'

'...Why are you looking at me like that?'

'Is this some obscure roleplay you're doing, the kind where you physically go and do potentially life-threatening stuff for authenticity? Because if it is, I need to have a long talk with you about self-love and the value of getting better friends.

'I mean, you got me riled up for nothing. First you telling about some bastards chasing after you, then you making stuff up-'

'I'm not joking.' Kamijou stopped, and looked at the girl. Her somber glare pierced through the boy.

'Are you certain? I mean, occult, MAGIC? That's not possible.'

'Why not? Why isn't it possible?'

'It just isn't.'