"I'm gonna go before your step mom gets here." chaeryeong said, standing up and grabbing her bag "bye ryujin. See you tomorrow at school, if you ain't dead by then."

They both chuckled.

"Bye chae." Ryujin said before chaeryeong quickly left.

About 20 minutes later, the door burst open and slammed after.

"SHIN RYUJIN. GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE NOW." She shouted. Ryujin stood up and walked over, standing in front of her step mom.

"Who do you think you are? You can't go around beating people up. Your so embarrassing. I have to go speak with the school tomorrow. Your such a fucking disappointment and embarrassment." Her step mother said.

"But mom—"

"DON'T TALK BACK."

"WHY WON'T YOU EVER LET ME EXPLAIN—"

Ryujin got cut off when her step mother slapped her round the face. She's done worse before, so ryujin didn't mind.

But fuck it stung.

"My friend has a cut across her face because of karina, the girl I beat up. Karina is obsessed with me, mom. She'd do anything to get with me. My girlfriend yeji—"

"GIRLFRIEND?" Her step mother shouted.

That's when ryujin knew she fucked up.

Why'd I say that?

"You really are an embarrassment after all. Why the fuck did I marry your father?" Her step mother said before she got a cigarette out.

"You won't let me be happy. Your always ruining my mood, ruining my life, why'd you do that?"

"Shut up, ryujin. You should be grateful. I buy you food, I buy you clothes, I let you sleep in a bed and stay under a roof in a home."

"Yet you still ruin my life? You control me and don't even let me explain anything." Ryujin fought back.

"Shut your mouth and go to ya room." Her step mother said before she shook her head and went into the kitchen.

"Fine. Didn't wanna be down here with you anyway." ryujin said before she left and stormed upstairs. She stormed into her bedroom, she looked round to see yeji was awake.

She was sitting up in bed with her eyes wide open.

Ryujin rushed over, sitting opposite her on the bed.

"Are you okay yeji? Feel better?" Ryujin asked.

"Mhm. Your mothers yelling woke me up. I heard everything that was said.." yeji said quietly. Ryujin gulped.

"I don't see her as a mother. She isn't even my mother, she's my step mother. I fuckin hate her." Ryujin said.

"I'm sorry. It's all my fault." Yeji began to cry "it's my fault that your mother yelled at you and said those things, I'm sorry."

Ryujin widened her eyes, rapidly shaking her head as she hugged yeji tightly "no it isn't your fault, p-please don't say that, it isn't your fault, babe."

Yeji sobbed, wetting ryujin's shoulder a little but she didn't care.

"Yeji it isn't your fault. Okay?" Ryujin repeated. Yeji sniffed and gulped, slowly nodding. She then backed away, staring into ryujin's eyes.

"I hate when you cry, it makes me wanna cry." Ryujin said.

"I love you, ryujin." Yeji said quietly.

"I love you way more." Ryujin said with a smile as she leaned in and connected their lips together.