"Now, now, ladies, can we get a moment of silence?" Dazai smiles when they turn to look at him. "I'll solve that mystery for you."

"Really?!" Yamaguchi blurts out.

Dazai hums. "However," it hangs heavily in the air as he points at the woman. "I need bitter lady to cooperate with me."

"Tch. What do you want?" She sounds defeated.

"Nothing difficult..." His tone lowers an octave. "Call that man you collaborated with."

"How–? Are you serious?!"

"It'll be a win-win situation." He forms a checkmark with his fingers. "You'll find out what really happened, and Yamaguchi-san over here can be proven innocent."

She bites her bottom lip then glares at him. He gives her a smirk. Cornered.

***

Cashier lady, Hiyori, Yamaguchi, and Dazai all stay behind a tree while the woman waits by the house's entrance. The cashier lady probably's not noticing, but she has her arms clinging around Yamaguchi's. Kato has left to bring the unconscious Hanae to the hospital. She'll be alright, but she suffered from hunger and thirst for two days. With the cashier lady having called them earlier, the police are on their way.

Hiyori tugs on Dazai's sleeve. "Ne, Osa-kun."

"Hm?" He turns to her, only to recoil when her face is too close to his. Personal space! Give it back.

She smiles, "Thank you," then moves away.

Dazai blinks. He was expecting her to ask him about his plan. A thank you? What a weird girl.

"So, how's it going?" A voice asks, bringing him back to his duty. "Why did you call me?" A guy with blinding bangs traps the woman against the wall. They look like they're flirting, but their tone and topic say otherwise.

Yamaguchi inhales a quick breath of air.

"I just wanted to confirm something." That's his cue to sneak behind the man. "Why did you offer to help me in the first place?"

He becomes shocked both by the woman's question and when Dazai moves to touch him on his shoulder. He swats his arm away, but he is too late. Blue light escapes from his hand; the guy stumbles backward.

"What did you do?" He growls.

Dazai chuckles. "Bitter lady here can tell you."

The woman's covering her mouth as her whole body is shaking. She takes deep breaths, attempting to regain her composure. "How dare you!" She screams the second she finds her voice. "It was you!"

"Huh?!"

"You're the one who raped me!" Her eyes speak of betrayal. "No wonder you were so willing. I should have known better!"

The man opens and closes his mouth like a fish, clearly not knowing what to do. "Woman, there's a bit of a misunderstanding here."

"Yare, yare, there's no point in reasoning, mister. You have nothing left to hide." Dazai interposes; the man gives him a dirty glare.

"You... What have you done?!"

Dazai beams. "Your ability allows you to mess with people's memories, no?" He begins to emit an intimidating aura. "Take a guess."

"Tch." The man clicks his tongue then returns his attention to the woman. "Woman, I remember telling you it comes with a price."

His nonchalant behavior enrages the woman further. "If I knew the price was my body, I never would have agreed!"

Inexorable Inequity || Bungo Stray Dogsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें