Chapter 32 Drunk with Love

Start from the beginning

"Can I have a napkin please?" I said awkwardly.

Zenitsu shot up from his chair, "I'll get it."

He gets a napkin and hands it to me.

"Thanks." I said cleaning myself up.

"Are you feeling okay y/n chan? You're acting a little weird." Zenitsu said.

"I mean, I feel like it's been a long day for all of us, has it not?" I replied

"y/n," Tanjiro spoke up, "I couldn't help but notice that, when you walked into the room, you smelt a little bit like alcoh-"

"You guys shouldn't worry about me! I'm fine. I'm as fine as I can be right now." I said, cutting Tanjiro off. I finished my food quickly and left the room, tripping a little when I went down the hall. This is so embarrassing.

A couple minutes later, Zenitsu came to check up on me.

"Y/n chan, are you here?" Zenitsu asked

"Mmhmm...." I said, hiding under the blanket.

He opened the door.

"Y/n chan?" He comes and sits on my bed. "Are you going to tell me what you did?"

I peeked outside of the blanket to see his face. He looked really worried about me. I hide back inside the blanket. "I...I uhh...."

"Y/n chan..." He said to me seriously.

He knows how I try to make things seem not as bad when I tell him something that I don't want to tell him.

"Okay, I had a little something to drink... only a little though and I'm not a lightweight so it's fine!"

"Y/n!" Zenitsu said, "You're under age! Why would you do that?"

"I was just a little stressed out okay? Also it's not like I haven't done it before-"

"Y/N!!!! You can't be doing that! Where are you even getting alcohol!?"

"It's fine, calm down! I got it legally! I got it from Te-" I stop myself.

He threw the blanket off of me and held gently to make me look at him.

"Who?!" Zenitsu stared at me as if my eyes would have the answer. I stubbornly look away. "It doesn't matter." I say. He looks at me and gets really close to my face. Our noses touched. "Who was it?" He paused for a second. "I'm not mad, I just want to know you're safe."

"You're not lying?" I asked

"I would never lie to you." Zenitsu said.

We blush at each other.

"Tengen Uzui." I mumbled.

"He gives you alcohol?" He said, pretending to be calm.

"Sometimes, I don't usually really want it but he doesn't really have anyone to drink with since his brothers died so I decide to drink with him."

Zenitsu looks at me with his worried expression.

"You're too kind, y/n chan. Is there anything I can get for you?" Zenitsu asked

"Nothing that I can't get for myself."

"No no no, don't give me that. You need to rest now."

"I'm fine! My legs still work, I'm not that drunk."I try to get up

"Nope," He pushes me gently back on the bed, "It's my job as your boyfrie-"

He stops himself and looks at me and blushes.