War on the Homefront

Raiden returned from Edenia and showed up on the roof of the sky temple. But to his surprise, he was immediately visited by a familiar face he wasn't expecting to see.

"Cetrion? Do you know what your mother plans to do?" Raiden asked as the goddess of virtue appeared before him and answered, "Of course. She seeks to cleanse this timeline's messes by restarting history."

"'Cleanse'?!" Raiden asked, growing angry at Cetrion's choice of words.

"We have only ourselves to blame, Raiden. The choices we've made have forced my mother's hand. Your actions especially. They have irrevocably altered Kronika's golden balance. Adopting a Saiyan from a reality outside of ours is the capstone." Cetrion explained.

"Was it not you and your fellow elder gods who allowed Zirack's existence here when I first came to you? In fact, you yourself came down to thank him after he vanquished Shao Kahn, due to your worries of Shao Kahn's growing might. After all he's done for us and the realms, he is erased? Why?!" Raiden asked as he couldn't believe what he was hearing from Cetrion. He knew why Kronika erased the Saiyan, but still, it was complete madness to do so for any reason.

"Yes. And although I admit, he was a virtuous soul, but letting him stay was a mistake. My mother had no control over his destiny and because of that, he was a danger to her. It did not bode any better for him when he altered the course of this timeline the moment his space pod landed in Earthrealm. That, and the fact that he is most responsible for tipping the balance of the universe far in the light's favor, is what made my mother want to exterminate him altogether." Cetrion replied as Raiden shook his head.

"You are a paragon of virtue. You should wish evil vanquished!" Raiden said as Cetrion informed him, "I abide my mother's will."

"You were begotten by Kronika." Raiden said as he realized that with the way Cetrion was speaking, she truly was being subservient to her mad titan of a mother.

"As was my brother, Shinnok. The darkness to my light." Cetrion said as she walked towards Raiden. "Nature demands equilibrium. Balance is perfection. You have stepped out of your role, made that balance impossible with Zirack's existence here. That's why the new era will hold no place for him or any other outsiders. And with your actions, the same applies to you, Raiden."

"You will not succeed." Raiden spat back as Cetrion had information that made Raiden's claim empty.

"Princess Kitana is captured. The combined might of Outworld and the Netherealm will keep your forces at bay-while my mother finishes her work." Cetrion said as she turned to walk away.

"Do NOT underestimate us!" Raiden vehemently stated as Cetrion began to fly away before finishing their conversation with, "You were right to be fond of these mortals. They were good souls."

At the military base, Sonya was having a conversation with Jax, but soon enough, Johnny Cage walked over and asked Jax for a moment alone with Sonya. Jax looked at Sonya for a second before looking back to Johnny with a smirk on his face and ultimately obliged. Once they were alone, Sonya had her arms crossed and asked, "What do you want, Cage?"

"I just wanted to talk. We haven't spoke at all since, you know...." Johnny said as he didn't need to remind Sonya about his and her deaths during Shao Kahn's invasion.

"That was a long time ago, Cage." Sonya said as she turned to walk away.

Johnny followed along with her and replied, "So what?! We were starting to get somewhere as a-."

"As what, Cage?! We weren't a couple, just allies fighting together!" Sonya spat back, realizing exactly where Johnny was going with his claim. She then calmed down and said, "Look, you died. Both of us died."