A small smile appeared on Hitomi's face. Just a note like Yuma, he wouldn't have the time or patience to make a Christmas card, but that was okay. And the text in parentheses. Really? 

"What? What's in it?" Niki asked, as he saw her reading the note and starting to smile. He tried to snatch it and read it too, but Hitomi inveded him by quickly pocketing it. "Nothing, just a Merry Christmas wish." She lied while still having a small smile. Niki looked her suspiciously, but then shrugged it off.

Hitomi turned her attention back to the contents of the box. She saw a silver star. It was a necklace, simple, but beautiful. Hitomi took it out of the box and examined it outside the box again. "It's pretty." She granted. 

"Let me help you put it on." Niki suggested. Hitomi was fine with it and handed the necklace to him. She was about to swing her hair out of the way to her shoulder, but Niki apparently had the same intentions. Their hands touched and Hitomi almost flinched when she felt his hand, even though she knew it was somewhere there. She pulled her own hand back, and let Niki brush her hair out of the way instead of her. His hand was still so warm, when it gently touched her nape shortly and when her own hand brushed it. Or then her own hand was just ice-cold.

Niki put the necklace around Hitomi's neck and attached it behind. Then his hands landed on Hitomi's shoulders and he spun the girl around to face him. He styled her hair so that it hung on either side again and then stared at her for a moment. "It's pretty." He noted. So pretty..

"Let's go inside now. Your hand was ice-cold already." Niki urged and gently pushed Hitomi from the back, towards the door. 

As soon as they stepped inside from the balcony, Niki's mother was there to meet them as if she had been looking for them. "That's where you were." Reina stated, when she saw them two. 

"What's it?" Niki asked.

"Emiko will sleep in my room with me. Are you going to sleep soon? Emiko and I are going to go, so I'll bring an extra mattress and bedding for you." She explained. 

"What?" Hitomi inquired in confusion.

"Oh, didn't your mother tell you? You'll stay over the night. It's so late already." Reina told. 

"Yeah, we're having a sleepover then." Niki said and nudged Hitomi's back playfully. 

"I see." Hitomi accepted the matter. It would only be one night. Nothing terrible can happen, hopefully. 

-

Reina brought the extra mattress into Niki's room and placed it on the floor. Soon she left Niki and Hitomi alone and went to sleep. 

"You can sleep on the bed." Niki suggested promisingly, while taking of his ear piercings in front of a small mirror, that was on his school desk. 

"It's alright. I can sleep on the floor." Hitomi refused.

"Okay." Niki replied monotonously. "Then we can sleep on the floor together." He added. Hitomi thought she heard wrong, but in the other hand she was sure she didn't.

"Fine. I'll sleep on the bed." She changed her mind.

"That's what I thought." Niki stated and chuckled in a small way. "Do you want to change your shirt for the night? I can lend you mine." He asked and now opened his closet. 

Honestly, Hitomi didn't feel comfortable to sleep in the same clothes that she had worn the whole day. "Really?" She said excitedly. In fact, she didn't even have time to answer his question affirmately, before he threw a shirt into Hitomi's lap from his closet. Niki grapped another for himself as well.

​Hitomi observed the shirt he gave. It was way too big, but probably the smallest he could find from his closet, so she didn't complain. The shirt was dark gray and had skulls printed on it, which were almost completely worn out due to several washes.

"Then can you turn around?" Hitomi asked nicely. 

"But I've seen you before?" Niki questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"That doesn't matter!? I have my own personal rights, so could you turn around. Please?" Now she asked more politely. Niki stared at her for a while, then hummed as an answer and finally turned around to face the door. He took off his own shirt and was about to wear the clean one. 

Hitomi could almost feel her jaw dropping. His shoulders were so broad and his waist narrowed wildly. He soon pulled on the another shirt, causing Hitomi to snap away from her thoughts.

Shit, why was I staring? Get it together Hitomi.

"Are you done?" Niki asked, after he was dressed up again.

"No." Hitomi answered and turned around too. She didn't trust Niki enough, that he wouldn't glimpse.

And that was good. Because when Niki heard Hitomi turn the other way, he turned his head and watched as Hitomi undressed. He did only see her back, but Niki could still almost feel butterflies in his stomach. A smirk formed onto his lips and then he turned his head back. 

Hated by You ☆ | Riki Nishimuraजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें