#1: The Breakdown

dil thoda jazbaati hai
bhar jaata hai baaton se
yeh phir chalke yun ankhon se
ho jaise rait zara si

"Papa main toh bas insaaf chahti thi",said Yuvika. She looked at the raining skies and let the drops soak her completely.

The rain and the cold wind chilled her bones. She could feel it soak each and every vein of hers but the more she thought about Shobhna Mahajan's death, the more she felt her body feel heavy with guilt.

Yes. She killed her dad. She was a murderer.

But her death was not what Yuvika had wished for. All she wanted was to get Shobhna Mahajan punished. To clear her dad's image. Nothing more. Nothing less.

She looked at her hand. It had stains of blood.

Blood of a murderer.

No. Blood of her Daadi.

Yuvika cried even more bitterly. She never knew how bad the consequences could be. It was not her fault. She knew it deep down. But her guilt took over her self confidence.

"I'm sorry Papa. Mujhe nahi pata tha....main toh bas.....main toh bas sab ke saamne....b...bas...sach lana chahti thi",she cried. She fell to the ground on her knees and she cried. The rain drops hid her tear drops.

"Mujha nahi pata tha...."

Yuvika's fell on her saree. It, too, had blood stains. She turned hysterical. She tried to rub the stains out. To remove them. She tried hard to rub them off.

The stains did not bother. Her guilt did. And she could feel it in her bones and her viens.

"Yuvikaa..."

A warm pair of hands warped around her, with a shawl. Yuvika looked up to see her head covered by an umbrella. She sighed and she said, "main kuch nahi kiya...."

She looked at the person. It was him.

She knew it right when she felt the warmth around her shoulders.

"Yuvika....hosh me aao! Tum apne apko bikharne nahi de sakti",said Neil.

Before he could speak much. Yuvika hugged him tightly and she broke down.

"Neil....mujhe nahi pata tha. Main nahi chahti ke aisa kuch ho. Main...main...toh bas insaaf chahti thi", she said. Neil warped his arms around her tightly.

"Yuvika, main janta hun. Tumne kuch nahi kiya"

"Par main haar gayi Neil. Main haar gayi....jis insaan ke liye Papa ne apni puri zindagi badnaami ke saath jeeya, aaj...maine...."

"Nahi Yuvika", Neil interrupted her from speaking further. He knew she would blame herself for the death. And he didn't want that.

He knew her. He believed her. He loved her.

And no way he would let anyone hurt her. Not even she herself could hurt her. He wouldn't allow. He could never.

"Tum nahi haari Yuvika. You won"

"No Neil....", said Yuvika. She hid her face in his chest and she tighted her arms around his waist. She continued, "meri wajah se daadi ne apni jaan leli"

"Yuvika! Shobhna Mahajan ko pata tha agar woh zinda rahi toh woh allegations ko nahi seh payenge. But that doesn't change ke unhone jo kiya hai woh justified nahi tha. Tumhe unke liye guilty feel nahi karna hai",said Neil.

Yuvika looked up. She brought her palms infront of him and said, "par Neil....." Neil noticed the fading blood stains in her hands. He held her hand, the like the way he usually did.

He cupped her face and said, "Yuvii.... tumne kuch galat nahi kiya. You'll get through this. Trust me."

"Kaise? Neil maine sab kuch theek karne ke chakkar me sab galat kardiya. I know Shobhna Mahajan galat thi lekin woh yeh sab deserve nahi karti thi...."

"Yuvika. Shobhna Mahajan ne Jo kita woh galati nahi gunaah hai. Aur unhone khud apni jaan li hai. It's a suicide case. Tumhe guilty feel karne ki zarurat nahi hai."

Yuvika looked at his eyes. He gave her a soft smile and said, "Tum galat nahi ho Yuvii. Tumhari koi galati nahi thi". Yuvika sighed and looked down

"Toh main hi kyun? Mere saath hi kyun?"

Neil looked down at the blood stains on her saree. He continued, "kyunki tum sach ke saath ho Yuvika"

Yuvika glanced at him. Neil intertwined their hands once again and said, "jo log sach ke saath hote hai unhone bahot se mushkilon ka saamna kar padta hai. Woh girte hai, uthte hai, lekin kabhi bikharte nahi. Woh kabhi haar nahi mante. Tum bhi haari nahi ho Yuvika. Tumhe bas positive rehna hai aur tumhe ladna hai. Apne sach ke liye...apne liye."

"Yuvika..."called out Bhoomi. She went down on her knees and caressed Yuvika's head.

"Tu meri bahadur bacchi hai. Aur jis Yuvika ko main janti hun woh haar nahi maan sakti", said Bhoomi. With that she gave a small kiss on Yuvika's forehead.

Yuvika hugged Bhoomi. She said, "Mummy....main ladungi"

Neil smiled at her statement. Finally, he didn't let his girl break down. Deep down he knew Yuvika was not fine but he also believed that she would get hold of herself.

He smiled at Bhoomi and was about to leave but he felt something stopping him. He turned back.

It was Yuvika's hand not letting go of his. He felt her body shivering but before he asked something, she whispered something.

"Tum mere saath ho na Neil?"

"Hamesha"