Chapter 2

Richie found himself looking over that text over and over again. Trying to find a good response.

But no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't.

Claire was in her room lying her bed after an attempt of falling asleep. She thought that one simple text would fix everything, but her mind still wondered with every way Richie could respond.

However Richie still couldn't find the right words. Typing a sentence or two and then erasing it and starting all over again.

Eventually he had finally found the right words. Right when he was about to send it, he heard a familiar knock at his window.

It was the knock that he and Claire had come up with years ago. One they could use if they ever needed something.

Richie walked over to the window and opened, seeing Claire on the other side. Both still in the pajamas, with no doubt that they couldn't sleep.

" Claire what are you doing here?" Richie said as he looked at her with wide eyes.

" I just couldn't sleep so I'm here." The brunette said with an awkward smile on her face.

"Oh yeah for sure" Richie continued to look
at her before realizing she was still outside.

So he opened up the window a little further so she could climb inside. Just like the girl had done hundreds of times before.

Once Claire was inside, she stood up all the way and looked at Richie for a second. Before taking a few steps closer and pulling him into hug.

Richie was taken aback by the sudden action, but after a few seconds he hugged the girl back.

Claire stayed still in the hug for a few seconds, but then all of the pent up tears started to break free.

She began sobbing into Richie's chest, feeling awful for everything she had done. "I'm so sorry" she choked out, her tears no doubt leaving a wet spot on his shirt.

The boy didn't know how to respond, so he held her tighter, knowing that's what she needed. As well as whispering comforting words in her ear, also accepting her apology.

After a few minutes of staying like that Claire had gained enough strength to look up at him again. Her eyes red from crying.

"Seriously I am so sorry, I was a total bitch to you and I just..." Claire goes to ramble on but Richie cute her off. "I forgive you, I don't think I could ever stay mad at you." He smiles at the brunette.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Richie asks as he hesitantly gets out of the hug and walks over to his bed.

Claire nods and the two of them sit on end the bed as they pick out a movie.

They scroll for a while until they settle on watching Atlantis. The movie starts and the ego begin to get more and more comfortable.

The only lighting in the room is the one coming from the TV screen. The teens soon lay down, each basically having one side of the queen sized bed to themselves.

Eventually the two grow more and more tired and soon drift off to sleep.
—————————————————————————

Claire wakes up to the noises of birds chirping, and small quite snore. She looks over and sees Richie still asleep.

The girl then checks the time and sees that it's already nine in the morning, thankfully it was a Saturday though so they didn't have to go to school.

Claire heard Richie stirring awake next to her and soon his eyes fluttered open. When their eyes meet the two smile at one another, happy they were beginning to repair their friendship.

"I should probably head back home soon, you know so nobody starts to wonder where I am." Claire says her smiling falling, truly not wanting to leave.

Richie nods his head " yeah I guess, if you have to." Claire slowly gets out of the bed and open the window. Before she can climb out Richie is out the bed as well and gives the girl a hug. " I'm happy we were able to fix everything."

"Me too" Claire smiles up at him. After a while they exit the hug and the Spankoffski girl climbs back out of the window and back to her house. She climbs back through her bedroom window and smiles go herself, happy about everything that happened.

Claire walks out of her room and towards the bathroom down the hall. On her way there she sees Peter. When he notices Claire he gives a smile. "So where did you go last night?"

"Oh shut up Pete" she slams the bathroom. Knowing the Peter could hear her window opening last night, but he would never know where she went.

Even if he already knew because there was no one else she would've gone to.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Hey y'all!! This is kind of just a filler chapter but I hope you like it! I should be starting the story line of NPMD within the next chapter or two

Anyway thanks again for reading my book

-J 💜