Blue Bloods

"Thanks Davenport. I guess I will call you when I am ready to be picked up." I get out of the car and stare at my reflection in the window. Why am I here? Why did I agree to this? I don't want this anymore. Why did I choose this outfit? Groaning I walk over to the club. The building seems normal enough on the outside. Brick walls with the entrance and a bouncer keeping guard. The sign above shined bring "Blue Bloods." Of course they would choose this place. Because only the blue bloods would want a club just for them. I walk straight up to the bouncer, not a line in sight. 
        "Name?" he demands.
        "Arianna Fawn."
        People walk out as he checks. While the door is swings shut, I can hear the loud music. The walls are pretty sound proof, I am amazed. 
        "ID?" again, he demands. I fumble in my wallet to get my licence. Man, this guy is intimidating. I hand it to him and he checks it. Please don't look at the weight. He hands it back to me, "Alright, have fun." He moves out of my way allowing me to pass. 
        I give him a small smile before going inside. The room is big. No, ginormous. Honestly, I can't even think of a word to describe it. It seems never ending. Neon lights flash everywhere, lighting up the dark room. People crowd around the dance floor and the seats around. There is an upstairs that leads to more seats, and I think another dance floor. I see two bars on the first floor, no doubt there are more upstairs. Even in my heels, I have a hard time trying to find someone I know. Just then I feel my phone vibrate and I take it out of my purse.  Amanda texted me.

Amanda sent at 8:17 P.M.

I see you! We are on the second floor, look up!

        I glance up and see a small group of girls waving their arms up, some holding drinks. Fantastic. I put on a fake smile and wave back, then I begin the horrible struggle of making my way to the stairs. First, I try to steer my way around the crowd of people, but that didn't work. I have no choice. I am going to have to go through it. I groan and brush my fingers through my long wavy brown hair. You can do this Ari. You got this. I take a deep breath and rush into the crowd, slamming my body into sweaty moving bodies. 
        I move around a woman grinding a guy, then almost fell back onto someone behind me. I push a couple making out to the side, then I feel someone grab my wrist. A man mouths the words "dance with me" and tries to pull me closer. I shake my head no and try to move away from him. He follows me for a few seconds, but I think I lost him after a woman fell with a cup in her hand- it was safe, that seems to be what matters to her. I accidentally grope a woman's butt, and almost embrace a very attractive guy, but finally I get out of the jungle of bodies. I glance, in victory, at the stairs. I make my way up, making the folks coming down move around me. I am determined.
        With heavy breathing I get to the group of girls. Amanda, Rachelle, and Diamond. Amanda is skinny, with no curves and nothing to show, but I am sure her face is worth a million bucks. Her black hair is short and stacked, face coated in makeup, her brown eyes covered with green contacts, and her lips seem to have been injected since I last saw her. Rachelle is amazingly gorgeous. Her dark caramel skin glows in the light. Her hair in tight curls, with light brown and blond highlighted hair. She is skinny but curvy, and rocks it. Diamond, is well Diamond. I saw her on a make-up commercial not too long ago. I think she does modeling too. With her blonde hair, blue eyes, and implanted butt and boobs onto her way too skinny body. To think I used to be apart of this group. 
        They definitely were taking me in. After our ritual of hugs and hi's, they all take me in. They try to hide the horror on their faces. Rachelle is the first to breath the silence, "Ari, you look so good!" That is a lie. 
        "Oh my God, your just so beautiful! Have you lost weight?" Diamond chimes in over the music. Is that supposed to be a joke. I struggle to keep my smile. 
        "Thank y-" 
        Amanda cuts me off, "I love your hair!" Is that the best she could come up with? "And your outfit!" Alright, she gave a little more effort there. I glance at my v-neck black dress. The short sleeves are enough to cover the arm fat that just looks horrible. The dress fits me nice, really nice. It has a crunched sort of look so it helps hides the fact I am fat.
        "Thanks you gu-" yet again I am cut off.
        Amanda says, "So how long are you staying?" Rachelle pulls me over to where they had been sitting.
        "You want something to drink?" Diamond asks.
        "Yes! Gimme anything fruity." I say to Diamond, then to Amanda, "Until I start school, sometime in August."
        Amanda nods, her eyes looking me over again. I wonder if mom warned her about my weight gain. "Why haven't you called us?" 
        I was hoping she wouldn't ask that. "I, uh, have been busy. You know, settling in and stuff. I had a job interview yesterday." 
        "Really? Your mom told me you have been sitting around for about a week?" Amanda just stares at me. I fidget in my seat.
        "Where?" Rachelle chimes in, with a smile. Thank you Rachelle.
        Turning my attention to her, I say, "With Patterson's Mark. They do a whole bunch of stuff with art."
        I ignore Amanda's question, and she notices."So you still do art? That's amazing! I am so glad you didn't give that up." I feel like Rachelle is sincere about that. I forgot how much I actually liked Rachelle. 
        Diamond comes back with some pink drink in one hand and a margarita in the other. She hands me the pink drink, "Here ya go!" she chirps. "So what did I miss?" She looks at all of us.
        "Oh, just the usual chit chat," Amanda snaps politely.
        "So," I stretch the word out, "what have you all been up to?"
        "I am going to be modeling in Russia next week!" Diamond instantly replies. I wonder how eager she is to tell everyone. Of course, if I was half as pretty as she is, I would be doing the same thing.
        "That is just... wow! Have you been doing a lot of modeling?" I ask.
        Diamond shrugs, "Oh you know, a little bit here and there. I have also done a few commercials and even made a few cameos in some shows!" Of course she has.
        "I just got back from Mexico. I vacationed there and let me tell you! The men there are fine as hell! I mean damn!" Rachelle says pursing her lips. I take a sip of my drink and smile.
         Oh, this is pretty good. I take another drink, feeling the burning sensation warm my throat. After a couple more sips, it should fade away.
        "I have been with Michael a lot," Amanda says, giving me a smirk. I think she meant that to be a low blow for me. 
        I chug the rest of my drink, my throat slowly becoming numb before smiling sweetly at her. "Aww, that's cute. Slutty, I mean sloppy, seconds are always the best?" The other two just sit there with their mouths open while Amanda turns red with anger. "I'll be right back, ladies. Oh what is this?" I ask Diamond.
        "It's uh," she tries to get her brain working again, "it's called a Pink Flamingo." 
        I smile and nod at her, then leave the table. No doubt Amanda is regretting this whole thing. I am actually starting to regret it less and less. They are also probably starting to talk about my drastic weight gain. I make my way to the bar and I was able to dodge someone with a drink.
        Only problem is that made me bump into someone else. "I am so sorry," I automatically say as I look up. No way. I stare wide eyed into beautiful hazel eyes. Brown hair was perfectly placed, even though it looked wild from partying. His lips still soft and plump looking, and I could swear that there is a ghost of a smile on them. He is wearing a white button up, with his tie loose and the sleeves rolled up and black pants finish his ensemble. Oh God, I just checked him out. With him right here. "Sorry... again... uh... yea..." I stutter then move away from him, hurrying to the bar. I didn't dare look back, but something told me he is still watching me. That can't be the Elevator God that I bumped into yesterday. But he looks just like him. If that isn't him then I am seeing double.
        I order my drink in a daze and turn around. He is gone. I let out a relieved sigh as I make my way back to the group, already sipping on the drink. I really like this. Amanda was gone, but the other two were still there. I sit down and point to the empty seat while sipping on the drink.
        "Oh, she... well, she is in the bathroom." Diamond says. Obviously Amanda left. Either that, or she decided to go dance with someone. 
        I shrug, and we continue talking. After four more Pink Flamingos I feel the urge to dance. The three of us make our way to the dance floor and move out bodies.
        At first, we were dancing together. Dancing seductively until we got the attention that we wanted. One by one, we were picked off. I, of course, was the last to be snagged by a guy- it was like p.e. all over. Now I find myself in front of a guy, swaying to the music with my back pressed up against him. His hands wonder up and down my body as we sway. After booty shaking, body grabbing, and swaying I finally decide to give up. It seems like hours since I first got here.
        "Leave with me," the guys begs in my ear, so I can hear him over the music.
        I shake my head and say in his, "Can't. Go find another girl." I lean away, but then lean in and add, "won't be hard with a sexy man like you!" I wonder if my words are coming out right. I can't tell if I am slurring or not.
        "Is there any way to change your mind?" he gives me big puppy dog eyes.
        I shake my head and make my way off the dance floor. Stumbling down the stairs, I finally make it without actually falling. In a blur I make my way out of the club. A lot more people were standing outside. I take my phone out and instantly hate myself. The stupid thing is dead. I continue walking, trying to put my phone up when I bump into someone.
        Stumbling back, I catch myself before I fall. Looking up I see two of the Elevator Gods! No... wait, just one. He is standing near the edge of the sidewalk smoking a cigarette. "Why do I keep bumping into you?" I ask squinting up at him.
        "A question worth being answered," he replies. Whoa, he sounds sexy. I imagined a sexy voice, but this is just ten times better. 
        "Well, I can't answer that question because I have no idea why... hey are you following me?" I glare at him, pursing my lips.
        He raises an eyebrow. I wish I could do that. "Why would I follow you?" his words were harsh. Is he tired of talking to someone ugly like me?
        "Well you don't have to be mean about it." I retort pointing a finger at him. I am surprised about my sudden courage. I wonder if it is the drinks.
        He sucks in another puff of smoke before exhaling it. I hate smokers with a passion, but holy shit he makes it look good. "Mean?" He asks, almost surprised by it. He looks at me again, his eyes still the same empty looking set as before.
        "Yes mean. It was a simple- ow, hold on," my feet are killing me. I try to stand on one foot to take off my heel, and start to wobble, "Whoa!" I grab onto his arm for support. "Stay," I mutter as I struggle taking off my shoes. I feel his gaze on me. Finally barefoot I look back up at him. He is tall... or I am short... It is hard to tell which is which. "What was I saying?"
        "That I was mean." 
        "Right! You are very mean."
        He does the one eyebrow thing again. "And how am I mean?"
        I open my mouth and close it. I don't remember. I push the button my phone and realize it is dead. Oh wait, I knew that. I let out a sigh and run my fingers through my hair. I look up and notice he is staring at me. "Can I use your phone?"
        "Now you need the meanie's phone?" I feel like he is finding this humorous. 
        "I really need to make a phone call."
        "For what?" 
        "A ride home."
        "Do you not have one?"
        "I do... but they aren't here right now." Uh-oh, I am starting to see two of him again. I think he noticed, too.
        His brows furrowed and he instructs me, "Go sit down."
        "I am fi-" a rush of nausea hits me. I stagger over to sit along side the building. I start to feel sweaty and I hear ringing in my ears. I didn't even know he followed me. 
        "A ride will be here soon. Just don't pass out." 
        "Because that is what I want to do" I mumble, still feeling like the world is spinning around me.
        I could have sworn I heard a chuckle come from him, but with the ringing in my ears it is hard to tell. I feel myself drift away and suddenly am snapped back to reality. The guy is squatting in front of me, with hands on both of my shoulders. "Hey, are you okay? Can you hear me?"
        "What happened?" I mutter.
        "You passed out. The ride is here, can you stand?"
        I nod and cautiously stand up. I feel a little more confident doing this knowing he isn't letting go. He guides me to a limo and opens the door before the driver could get there. "You're so nice. I am so sorry I said you were mean. But how do I know you aren't going to kidnap me?" I ask, squinting up at him. 
        I hear him chuckle again, this time I know it is real, "I promise not to kidnap you. Now scoot over." I do and he gets in. 
        He asks where I live and I tell him. He then repeats it for the driver, moments after that everything went black.