[𝟏.𝟓] a switch

[ooc?, no other warnings / did some editing.]

The night air was cool, different in comparison to the humid, hot air of the day

Jujutsu High was dead quiet after curfew, only the sound leaves rustling, sometimes chirp from a cricket or two would break the silence. A gentle pitter patter could be heard from your footsteps as you leave the corridor, passing the other unoccupied dorms.

One may ask why were you leaving your dorm at this hour?

You're thirsty — dehydrated. It didn't help that you slept in all day, or eat for that matter, But you can also say you weren't all that hungry anyways.
An excellent excuse you've made up, but that's not why you're out.

"Meow."

Yes, you were leaving your dorm for a cat — a fucking cat. But it's not like anyone else knows about her. You weren't a big fan of animals in general but It was only a solid month after your first encounter with the feline, since then you've grown attached to her — sometimes anticipating her appearance every night, paws against the wooden doors, meowing. It obviously wasn't loud enough for a heavy sleeper like Fushiguro to wake up, but you weren't sure about your teacher though.

As you continued to walk, the muffled meows had only grown louder as you approach the buildings entrance. You finally stop and slowly opened one of the doors, not wanting risk hearing a creak. The sounds had stopped as your eyes met the felines gaze. It meowed once as it entered the building, rubbing against your leg.

If you were being poetic right now, you would've described Ai's fur as dark as nights shadow, her yellow eyes shining brighter than gold, but tis was a mere cat, and thou would only be over-descriptive. The cat leapt into your arms, purring in your embrace as you smiled.

"Sometimes I wish things would stay like this forever." You whispered, words laced with faux sadness. "But of course, the world will never be able to handle us both, because we are young and beautiful, and our beauty will last forever." You finished with a twinge of pride as she meowed in what seemed to be agreement.

Meanwhile at Yuji's dorm, it was whole different story.

There he lied on his bed, tossing and turning, trying to get at least a single bit of sleep

Well what was his story? Well...

All the memories earlier had came down on him like a weight, his conviction, although accepting the cold, hard reality of ingesting Sukuna's fingers, it still worried him. And oh, you.