Chapter 16 - Ugh we have to talk

Start from the beginning

And so Jeongin and Chan got dressed. Chan made Jeongin breakfast. And they were at the park at a record time.

It was odd at first for Jeongin. To wake up next to Chan. To get used to the warm feeling in his stomach when he smiled. Controlling his heartbeat everytime Chan kissed his forehead or cheek. Sure Jeongin had a few girls in Highschool, but never did he feel such a strong connection in the way he does with Chan.

Let's just say these past few days of just them had been revolutionizing. Only confirming Jeongin feelings even further by spending so much time with the older.

Anywho, Jeongin spots his brother running up to him from across the park, Jay slowly trailing behind him. He rolled his eyes when he saw them together again.

"Are you two always joint at the hip?" Chan asks as the two boys catch their breaths beside them.

"Hm?" Jungwon tilts his head in confusion when he looks up.

"He meant why the hell are you too always together?" Jeongin asks with narrow eyes, staring into his nervous brothers eyes.

"H-heh..."

Thankfully, Jay speaks up to cover him, "Anyways we wanted to talk about your parents Jeongin hyung. They keep pressuring wonie to bring you back. They still want the wedding."

"Yeah I think it's maybe time to state your beliefs to them. Stand your ground hyung." Jungwon adds beside Jay, the wind causing their hair to blow in all directions.

Jeongin lets out a loud groan in response. "Ughh I hate having to talk seriously with people!! Escpeically with my parents... about my feelings..." The younger almost shuddered at the thought. However, Chan was quick to place a comforting hand on his shoulder. They had taken a few days away from the situation but it was time to face them. And Jeongin knew that too.

"You know what? Let's just get this shit over with. If mom and dad want to talk to me so badly for the first time in my life, than we'll talk. I have lots to say."Jeongin states while brushing his bangs back to they fall better on his face.

"Damn innie that was hot." Chan whispers at his side, causing his face to erupt a bright red and ruining his strong facade.

"Yah hyung you can't say that out of nowhere!"

****

*Ding dong*

"Don't be nervous innie."

"Shut up hyung your not funny."

"Damn baby."

"Don't call me baby i can't be bright red in front of my parents."

"Right."

The doors open a moment later by two maids who move to reveal Jeongin parents behind them.

"You finally decided to show up huh Jeongin?" His mother looked frustrated as she stepped aside to let them in. "Nobody heard from you two until the next day! You can't just go off into the night like that." She mumbles in her disapointment.

As usually, Chan deeply bowed, but Jeongin didn't do the same. In fact he had a feeling this talk wouldn't be as wholesome as the one with Chan's parents.

"Do you know how hard it was for us to stay home the past few days waiting for you!" Jeongin father adds as they make their way toward the couch. Ah yes, how horrible it must be fore the yangs to stay in their own home for more than one day. What a pity.

"Mom dad we need to talk." Jeongin takes a seat, Chan sitting beside him in silence. He knew the younger had lots to say, so he kept it to him.

Jeongin mother brings a hand to her head, "Of course we need to talk innie! You and Chan have to convince his family to not cancel the marriage. It's in 2 weeks! This was supposed to be a monumental moment in our company-"

"Mom. Chan and I are not going to get married in 2 weeks." Jeongin simply states. No quiver in his voice. No fear. None of his immatureness left. I guess he was forced to grow up through this whole debacle.

"You don't get to decide that." His father speaks loudly, the attention shifting to him.

"And you do dad? Did you ever stop and think about what your own son might want to do with his life? How large of commitment marriage is? I know I wasn't your favorite child but the basic idea of caring for me was expected, was it not?"

Chan almost wanted to clap for Jeongin a confidence in this moment. He felt proud to see his innie being able to freely discuss his emotions. Freeing himself from this family.

"This marriage was for your own good Jeongin." His mother tries to reach for his hand but the young boy doesn't let her.

"The reason why I came here was to tell you two that Chan hyung and I are together, but will not be marrying in two weeks. Along with that, I will be staying at his place for the time being. You two have proven time and time again that you cannot be proficient parents to me and I am now 18 so it doesn't even matter anyway." Jeongin kept his posture straight and hands crossed. His parents across from him had their mouths agape in shock.

Chan had to surprise his chuckle, "What? Did you really think you were good parents?" He speaks up for the first time. Though he was the utmost respectful to his ex parents in laws, he couldn't help but see them in rage after what they did to Jeongin.

After a few moments Jeongin father stands up. "If your not going to listen to us then your more then welcome to leave!" He yells as he points to the door.

"Okay." With that Jeongin grabs Chan's hand and walks himself out of his own mansion. Leaving behind his parents and mansion for good. Knowing this would be the start of a new chapter of his life where he wouldn't let them control him any longer.

Jeongin was not only free from school, but also from the marriage and the control of his parents.

He could finally live.

A/n
Hehe this books gonna end soon ooooo

Idk how I feel abt this chapter, I'll prolly heavily edit it another day when I feel more inspired. But it's whatever for now.

Also I just realized that I started stanning Enhypen and skz like just before Halloween last year. I remember watching the Halloween enoclock and learning the dance to thunderous around that time hehe

It's been a year gang that's crazy.

Hope you enjoyed!