Chapter 14

You pulled into one of the parking spaces lined down the sidewalk next to the beach

You pulled into one of the parking spaces lined down the sidewalk next to the beach . As you got out of the car , you immediately spotted your group and waved Austin over since he was looking in your direction . He jogged over to your car as you grabbed your drink and bag .

"Hey, you need help ?"

"Yeah . Carrying 2 drink trays and a bag , doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do walking across the dunes." You laughed and passed Austin the tray . "Yeah probably not . Here I'll carry your bag too ." You hand him your bag and he was taken back for a minute at its weight .

"What did you pack in here ? A small child ?! No wonder you were struggling to carry it ." You shut and lock your car , meeting him on the sidewalk as y'all headed towards the beach . "I wasn't struggling and I packed us some snacks , extra towels , sunscreen , some extra clothes , battery packs , shoes , bag for my wet clothes , hairbrush .."

"I get it .. you packed your entire apartment ." He laughed as he rolled his eyes . "You're so dramatic . You act like you don't use everything in my bag when we go to the beach ."

"That's because I know you'll pack everything ."

"Well hurry up , I'm ready to relax and drink"

"Of course you are . Maddie brought a whole cooler of Claws so try to take it easy . I don't want to babysit tonight ." You scoffed and looked over at him . "I always take it easy ."

Y'all made it over to the group as Chase , Maddie , JD and Drew walked out from the water . "Abi , you're a total life saver !" Bails cheered as she grabbed the drink you handed her . "I'm assuming these are all the same , so here you go Maddie , Chase .."

"NO ! I have Chase's right here ." You walked over to him holding out the last drink from your tray with a smile . "I would rather die than take that drink from you right now ." He said with a serious look , you had to fight back a laugh and you wiggled the drink in front of him . "Come on Stokes , it's what you asked for .. Peach refresher . I suggest the mango white claw with it ." You raised an eyebrow and held your smile as he slowly reached for the drink , grabbing it and looking it over .

"Who else got a peach ? I'll pay you $20 right now to trade with me ." He looked over at the group , landing on Drew and Austin . "I already drank some or else I would ." Austin said, looking at Chase . Chase looked at Drew with pleading eyes , as Drew laughed and switched drinks with him . You let out a low laugh and looked down at your drink as you brought it up to your lips . "Perfect ." You sipped your drink as Chase was sipping his , not taking your eyes off him .

"Abi , quit terrorizing Chase . She didn't do anything to your drink ." Maddie stated . You shrug and take another sip as Chase stares you down . "You know Thallium and Arsenic have no taste or smell to them ?" You watched as Chase's eyes widened at Drew's comment and fought back another laugh . "Neither does antifreeze and you can basically buy that anywhere ." You shrug and couldn't help but laugh as the group did .