BLOODIED SNOW

I reach for the warmth even whilst freezing beyond your imagination;the cold frosts my body and my bare feet are scarred.  I run through the blankets of snow trying to outrun the man, the tyrant of a man.

      It's below zero, blood is seeping out of my nostrils like a waterfall. I can't ever fathom why my so–called fiancé would despise me to the point of willing to murder me. I wipe my blood away as I continue to hurry through the endlessness of the snow. My breath comes out in husks, I hold my chest but I have no time to stop and take my time. After hours of scurrying nonstop for hours I have finally lost the monster in human skin. I  hide behind a wide evergreen tree, blood trickles off my scarred feet. The snow instantaneously descends from the tree onto me. My hands are so chilly that they feel like they're on fire. I cup my hands in front of my face and hold my breath wishing to wake up from this nightmare;this preposterous dream seems too real.

     But as soon as I feel a little safe I hear trudging and the crunch of snow, I hurry onto my feet and scatter as fast as my frail and damaged body will let me. My skinny body barely sinks down into the snow from years of neglect of my soon to be husband. Why should I let this man assault and ditch me in the snow? I then remember my late father whilst running, he has totally slipped my mind for so long I haven't been able to focus on anyone else but him… Only him. Only him. My mind is only supposed to be his. I can't be too fat or too skinny. I can't be his if I'm ugly, right? I have to make myself the perfect wife although my father strictly said "You may love someone but you still must love yourself and take care of your fragile body and grow up happy, darling." but I'm supposed to love him with everything.There's a burning sensation in my chest, a strain in my heart, it hurts. Tears ran out of my eyes like I was hurting. When was the last time I was actually happy? Was I just living for him? I continue to run until I reach a cliff.

     I'm scared and nervous for my life. He corners me, I miss his beautiful face. He blabbers about how he was going to kill me but still yet has to act on it, I get in a fight with him as he's overpowering I feel useless. I get his hands away from my throat and push him with all my might off the cliff. As he falls he starts screaming with all his soul. I look at his dead body from the edge and sob. What am I to do with my life now? He was my everything. I remember him when we first met. I wish I could only remember that part of him.

      My father and mother only loved me out of obligation but still did their best unlike that beast, my fiancé used to be gentle and sweet. I decided to leave but as soon as I try I spot people riding horses to find us. I determined that I must crawl down the mountainside to conceal myself;I do not wish to be blamed and beheaded by just a little incident so I will leave and secrete myself. I don't want to be executed, I don't want my head to roll onto the ground as I yelp in pain.

     The world seems to crumble under my feet, as I try to climb down the side of the cliff. I strive to stay vigorous;I yearn for what we used to be but now all of our memories are dead with him and soon me if I don't make it out alive. I longed to heal him from the torment inflicted from his parents, I wanted to fix him. He walked away unscathed and didn't even have a thought in his mind as he decided to hurt his nurse;I wish he understood what he did and what he chose to do to the only one in the world who loved him, but I know he did it because as soon as he's fixed he wants to break and overpower me to feel better than before. Was it even worth repairing this shell of a man? No I suppose it wasn't but I adored him no—I loved him.

      I hope to stay stable upon the rocks not wishing to slip and break my neck, that would be a quite annoying death. The sweat drips off my hands as I carefully withdraw down. When I finally finish climbing such a steep mountain, the exhaustion overheats me. My feet are gushing out blood, staining the white snow. I shriek in pain as I step down but I hold it in as I attempt to walk without pain, a blood trail follows me. I   walk for miles on end to find something, anything will do. My feet begin to feel numb and fuzzy if that explains how I feel the pain, I slow down my steps. I wish for any difference in the landscape, I feel so much excruciating pain everywhere. I feel like I'm living in a dream. Please wake me from my slumber soon. My perception starts to turn blank as I fall into the snow, I feel like going to bed.