I Rule The World (Chapter 45)

Start from the beginning

But if that's what she wanted, who was I to deny her the taste of the consequences of her actions? My cold eyes showed my contemplation for my next move when Akane suddenly spoke up.
"They are in the fridge over there."

My grip on her hand turned gentle before letting go. I gave her one last victorious smile before turning my attention towards the fridge Akane pointed at.

"Lucky he saved you, girly."
I comment, mentally actually thanking Akane. I hadn't thought of what I would do next if she refused...

But instead of rushing towards the fridge, I sit down on the counter.
"What are you waiting for Akane, go ahead and get them~"

I could see a vane pop up on his head before he begrudgingly made his way towards the cooling device and pulled out a tray with freshly made sweets.

After trudging towards me he placed the tray on the counter, with a bit more force than needed.

"Good boy~"
I praised, satisfied as I took a piece and placed it in my mouth.

"I hope Teru exorcizes you soon."
He mumbled while pinching his temples, which only amused me. He looked somewhat red, from anger perhaps?

I took another candy and stuffed it in my mouth, appreciating the sweet flavour. So this was how victory tasted like.

I looked over at the cupcakes Yashiro baked. From now on my candy supply would only grow and so would my empire.

I could cause mischief to my heart's content and annoy those who bullied me. I would increase the number of candy stores and rid this world of violence against Mokke.

Everyone swayed after my words because I truly RULE THIS WORLD. One way or another I'll achieve every goal I set.

I hopped off the counter and snapped my finger before announcing.
"I'll be on my way now, could you pack me those sweets, Darling?"

I shoot Yashiro a teasing smirk to which she only averted her eyes before getting to work.
"Can we take the cupcakes too?"
Bubble asks and Ink accused
"Did you snatch my chocolate?!

"Uhhhh, NOooOooo?"
Despite how suspicious its reply sounded Ink's head turned towards Cotton.

"W-what?"
Cotton sounded a little irritated.
"You took it, didn't you."

".....shit-"
The fluffy Mokke started running Ink chasing after it.

"Ignore them, Hanako please pack the cupcakes too!"
Bubble ordered way politer than I would have been.

---

Taking a bag filled with sweets and a box full of baked goods my crew and I headed out to the hideout.

As we wandered through the dark hallways, I felt on edge as if something was watching me. I'd been feeling like that the whole day, flinching at shadows I saw in my peripheral vision, jumping at the slightest sound and feeling someone breathe down my neck but when I turned around Teru wasn't there, no one was.

I rub my face in frustration hopefully this week will go by quickly and the issues will be resolved, otherwise, I may never get a wink of good sleep again.

---

Two days had passed, and each day I grew more into the routine. Waking up, getting ready, putting on a crown and deciding the fate of criminals.

Afterwards, I visited Hanako and the rest, teased them a little and got my daily candies. It was fun and I enjoyed pushing everyone anywhere I liked and all they could do was bow and dance after my words.

But of course, it wasn't all peaceful, protests from supernaturals as well as Mokke started to rise.

Mokke had issues with us keeping Ink in our group without it having to pay for its disloyalty. For now, we were dismissing the issue, hoping they would tire out and forget about it but if they didn't we would have to address it.

Other supernaturals of course had an issue with Mokke not being as bullyable anymore. But those protests were being suppressed heavily by us.

The search for Mint was still open but so far there was nothing new.

Today after dropping by the confectionery to collect candies we took a detour to the theater room.

The seats were empty and the candy papers littering the ground had been removed. I walked over to the stage, another piece of rubbish falling to the ground as I put a lollipop in my mouth and plopped down on my throne.

I turned sideways, leaning my back on the armrest and perching my legs over the other.

The others jumped up onto my belly and snuggled up to me.

I looked over at the lonely seats, faint echoes of cheers playing in my mind.

"We messed up, again and again, yet we still won?"
I state, still having trouble believing it.
"We had a bit of luck and the right spirit, how could we have not?"
Bubbled giggled and I smiled before adding.
"Just a tad bit of luck!"

"A really tiny smudge, this was all hard work guys!"
Cotton says proudly and I smirk before asking.
"What exactly did you do again?"

"Ahum....save your ass?"
It defends.
"L"
Ink comments.

"Pftt...."
I giggle a little the silence between us growing.

There was a specific type of gloom in the air. It felt stale and drowned each of us for the past few days.

"....it feels wrong."
Ink finally addresses it and Bubble joins in.
"We started as a group of five,"
Cotton finishes the sentence bitterly.
"Now we are four."

"Soon we may be only three."
I add, remembering how the protests against Ink were increasing. Everyone fell silent again, perhaps I shouldn't have brought it up.

"...at some point, the group just consisted of Cotton, I had been abducted and (y/n) too, Ink and Mint turned out to be traitors, no offence Ink, but we all are together again, right?"
The bubbly Mokke said with a bitter-sweet tone.

"Do you think Mint will be back together with us too?"
Cotton asked with an unusually shy tone.
I chuckled hysterically, remembering Cotton wasn't there to hear any of the awful things Mint had said.

"Oh he'll be back, just not on the throne with us but in front of it, on his knees."
I answered voice thick with venom, leaving the silence that followed eerier than it had to be as the Mokke shared mixed glances. All were filled with a mix of different emotions, but one was in each, fear.

-------------(a glitch in the space time continuum)---------
(Aka authors note)

WELCOME TO THE BEGINNING OF THE END!
Dramatic I know-
FOR MORE INFORMATION, READ THE NEXT CHAPTER THAT CONSISTS OF ANOTHER AUTHORS NOTE >:D

WELCOME TO THE BEGINNING OF THE END!Dramatic I know-FOR MORE INFORMATION, READ THE NEXT CHAPTER THAT CONSISTS OF ANOTHER AUTHORS NOTE >:D