Electricity In The Air (Chapter 15)

"I'm afraid not today, I'll take a fuzzy blueberry mix."
Teru answers pulling out a chair and sitting down on it. The ghosts around him slowly and carefully tried to back away.

"So your here to catch some gossip? You don't seem to be the type to listen to daily chit-chat. Is there perhaps something specific you're looking for?"
Her voice was pushy as she leaned on the counter.

"Read like a book. Have you heard of something called the Mokke rebellion?"
Teru responded with a toxic smile plastered on his lips

"Pfft~ Who hasn't? Quite a lively group don't cha think?"
Minkas eyes shifted from Teru for a second

"More like a group of Morons. To think that Mokke would cause so much trouble. I wonder- what caused the sudden uproar?"
It was almost as if he was demanding the answer as if a hunch told him she knew something. Or maybe there was something else behind their tension.

"Who knows, they are always cooking up mischief."
Her voice was as smooth as ever quickly glossing over the question with a smile similar to Teru's.

"I see~"
He dragged his words, eyes rolling from one side to another contrasting his friendly expression.

"Did you sell anybody a love potion?"
His observing stare was now fixed on hers, determined to spot a lie when it was spoken.

I gasped now finally understanding his sudden intrusion, without a doubt he had found the letter and read about the love potion. We were in luck that no potion had been purchased by us yet.

"You'll have to be more specific, because yes there are hundreds of orders for those every day."
Minka explained pointing at the messy pinboard behind her.

Teru sighed annoyed pulling out the letter and sliding it onto the counter.
"To the Mokke with a green stain, or perhaps a human-looking ghost. Male or female doesn't matter, with (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes, running around in a school uniform."

"Ohoho~ So it doesn't matter to you, boy or girl?"
Minka remarked with a grin and a wink to which Teru only raised a brow.

"Heh, right I'm afraid not."
She says picking up the paper, trying to keep a straight face while skimming over it.
"Charming handwriting~ However I don't see any mention of a green-stained Mokke on here. Care to explain your thought progress?"

"I caught it working with the shape-shifting supernatural, isn't that interesting ~"
Teru said leaning back in his chair his gaze drifting through the space around him before halting, on the sofa I was hiding on.

I couldn't help but flinch, the hairs on my neck standing up and my heartbeat quickening. The Mokke beside me audible gulped, startled by his intense eyes. It took a second that seemed to stretch into a moment before his eyes wandered to other places in the large room.

"Hm hm, feel free to ask around but remember the rules no exorcizing in my shop~"
She cues before turning around and talking to the other customers.

A little Mokke quickly drops off a blue drink in front of Teru before rushing away as fast as it could.

He picked it up, stirring the drink with his straw almost as if he wasn't sure if it was poisoned. Regardless he took a careful sip maybe he just wasn't sure if the drink tasted decent.

My hair stuck to my forehead due to sweat, lint and glitter floating in the hot air. My breath through my mouth was steady perfectly avoiding getting lint into my nose. However, a piece of fibre made its way into my mouth making me gag.

The Mokke looks at me concerned gesturing me to be silent.
I use my sleeve to wipe my mouth, taking a quick breath through my nose while covering it with my sleeve to avoid the fibre getting in my nostrils.