Chapter 13

(Sota's POV)
The four of us gathered in our room. Today was different, though. We had the Director here.

"Sarcophagus B is on the 78th level of this 80 story building." As I touched the table, a holographic visual of the city came up. "Not as high, but way more guarded. I think they stepped it up after the first Sarcophagus was stolen."

"Two teams?" suggested York.

"I was thinking three. Team Alpha 1, Team Alpha 2, and Team Bravo." I zoomed in to the 78th floor, then zoomed in more to the objective.

"That's pretty big..." Wash leaned over to see.

"Heavier than the first one. It'd take more than one Maine to lift it up. That's why we have two Alphas. One to defend, one to push."

"What about Bravo?" The Director's voice nearly made me jump.

"They get us safely in and out." I saw the coffee mug in the Director's hand. God I want coffee. I yawned. "That cover it for this meeting?"

"Yeah." Came the reply.

"Alright, get some rest. Tomorrow, who will be on what team and when we'll strike."

Everyone left. I yawned as I walked back.

"You sure about this plan?" Omicron asked.

"Yeah, and if we run out of options, we'll wing it," I said confidently.

"Alright." He disappeared.

Suddenly I wasn't so tired. I walked to the training area. "F.I.L.S.S, start up the hand-to-hand combat training."

"Hand-to-hand combat set up. Say 'begin' when ready."

"Begin."

I hit all the targets. "Again, please."

Round after round, I kept hitting the targets. I started tired after the 10th round. I kept going, wanting to be tired when I finished.

"You should sleep." A soft voice behind made me jump and miss my target. The session ended and I turned around, angry, but the anger faded as I saw who it was.

"North, I can't." I said pathetically. "Not tired enough."

"Omicron?" He suggested.

"No. He's actually doing what we call 'sleep'." I started pacing, out of habit.

"Excitement? You know, for the mission?"

"Probably not. I just... I don't know, North!" Sighing, I came to a halt in my pacing.

"Have you tried sleeping?"

"No... I guess not."

"Can you try?" I bet if he had his helmet off, he'd have this pleading look.

"Fine. Why are you up?" I asked.

"Theta. And stop stalling. I can tell that you are."

"Alright alright! I'm going!" I said as I walked to my room. I curled up under the sheets after I got my pajamas on. I drifted into a fitful sleep.