chapter eight

2733 words

The students of Tokyo Jujutsu High stood deep in the forest, Asami swung a staff around her arm  in boredom. 

"Should we be really worried about this guy?" Itadori leaned down to Asami's ear. The girl froze from the close proximity, her chest tightening. "I- uhm, no, I wouldn't be too worried." She stuttered out, cursing her speech. Itadori looked down towards the ravenette.

"Actually I take that back, I would never be worried fighting with you at my side."

Asami had to stop her knees from buckling underneath her. She swooned at the kind words that came from the boy beside her. Mustering up the courage, Asami looked up towards Itadori who stood shoulder to shoulder with the girl. 

"Really?"

Yuji's eyes met Asami's as she looked up at the boy with a heavenly smile across her face. Itadori had to look away from the girl, electricity shot through his body. "Of- of course!"

Gojo's voice suddenly surrounded the entire area and instructed the students to begin the team fight.

The seven began to run through the forest, Megumi's shikigami ahead of the group of students. 

A sudden spider curse dangled from the tree far ahead and Maki readied her spear. Asami sprinted by Maki and let out a laugh, "beat 'ya!" She leaped through the air, spinning to build up tension and destroy the curse.

"Asami!" A voice screamed.

Todo appeared from the trees and sent a killer punch directly into Asami. It was as if it went in slow motion, the girl was floating in the air with Todo's closed fist directly in the centre of her stomach and the faces of horror on all the students, before she flew through the forest at a rapid speed.

Yuji immediately jumped for Todo, taking him by surprise and kneeing him directly in the face as the rest of the students ran ahead. Todo laughed at Yuji, spitting to the side. "Not many people can land a hit like that on me." He immediately ran towards the pink-haired boy and punched him through the forest- much like what he had just done to Asami.

Yuji had no time to recover, Todo began to pummel him with kicks until he no longer moved. Todo stepped back once blood covered the floor. "Done already-?"

Todo suddenly skidded along the floor, holding the side of his head in shock. 

He looked up and let out a booming laugh. "I thought that blow would take you out!" 

Asami's chest heaved as her grip tightened on the staff she had just hid Todo with. Blood dripped down the side of her face and her uniform was disheveled and covered with dirt and twigs. "Then you're as dumb as you look." She responded. Todo stood straight and tilted his head at the girl, "you interest me, tell me. . . what is your type?"

Asami's face deadpanned, "are you serious?" Todo nodded, his eyes narrowing. "Deadly. What is your type in men, Asami Himari?" The ravenette threw a quick glance towards Yuji whose head hung low as blood surrounded his body.

"If this is some sort of flirting technique, I can tell you now Aoi Todo- I'm not interested." The girl scoffed, spinning her staff around and pointing it towards the tall man. "Just answer the question. And, please don't give a boring answer like Fushiguro." 

Asami let out a chuckle, "I suppose. . ." The girl looked back to where Itadori laid and smirked at Todo. "A man that won't lose."

Yuji leaped from where he was and sent a kick to Todo's unsuspecting face before landing beside the ravenette. Todo skidded along the ground and attempted to collect himself.