chapter eleven

1029 words

Kugisaki and Asami walked along the streets of Shibuya. ". . . so, remember when we were exercising that curse a few weeks ago?" Kugisaki spoke up, glancing at the ravenette beside her. "Mm." Asami hums in response, nodding her head.

The two entered a clothes shop, eyeing up the outfits around them. "You were telling me about how your last name isn't actually your last name. . ." 

Asami's heart pounded in her chest, her breath quickened slightly and she turned to look at her friend. "What do you think of these?" She interrupted, picking up a pair of jeans and shoving them in Kugisaki's face. 

"Oh wow! I love them! How much-"

Kugisaki eyed up her friend, snatching the jeans from her and throwing them back onto the pile. "Oi! Don't try distract me!"

Asami smiled sheepishly at Nobara, rubbing the back of her neck nervously. The brunette sighed lightly, glancing through the racks of clothes in front of her. "You know, I'm pretty particular about the people I let into my life." Asami raised a brow at the girl, glancing at her in confusion as she continued to pick up random articles of clothes. "I always think of it like a bus. I mean, why should I bother getting annoyed by someone who shouldn't have a seat in the first place?"

Asami tilted her head at the girl, surprised such a poetic comparison was coming out of the usually unserious girl. "There are some people who just bring their own seat and sit right down- somebody like Itadori. But you deserve your own seat."

The ravenette stared at Nobara, swallowing a lump in her throat as tears welled at the side of her eyes. Nobara turned towards Asami before her eyes widened in surprise. "You don't have to cry about it!" Nobara yelled, shaking her hands madly. Tears spilled from the girls eyes as she shook her head. "I'm not crying!" Asami cried out, bringing her hands to her face. 

Wiping the tears from her face and sniffling lightly, Asami continued. "You're right, we spend enough time together- it's time I told you. How about we go for a coffee, then I'll explain everything."

The two sat opposite each other at a cute bakery, Kugisaki staring at Asami expectantly. "So . . . ? Who was your father?" She questions, the caffeine causing her to be ten times more energetic than usual.

"Well. . . he was a- type of sorcerer, Satoru doesn't really explain it well-"

Nobara shook her head, "oh, I'm not about to care about ranks or any of that. I wanna know why you changed your name! Was his last name that embarrassing?"

Asami let out a laugh. "No. . . well, something like that." She paused, her face heating up from nervousness. "He was an asshole too, from what I heard. But that's all other people's words, I wish I could've met him myself before. . . he died."

"Well your going to kill me if you don't tell me." Kugisaki spoke apathetically. Asami rubbed her forehead stressfully before opening her mouth. "Did he not approve of Fushiguro being your boyfriend or something?" Nobara interrupted with a huff. Asami's eyes widened, a look of disgust on her face. "How many times do I have to tell you Kugisaki?! Megumi isn't my boyfriend!" Asami exclaimed. Nobara rolled her eyes, "yeah, sure. Why are you guys so close then?" She questioned.

"Because he's my brother!"

Asami's hands shot to her mouth, covering it in shock. Nobara gasped suddenly, her eyes widening as she stared at her friend in shock. "Megumi Fushiguro. . ." She pointed at Asami.

"-Is your brother?"

"Holy shit!" The girl exclaimed. Asami winced slightly, glancing around carefully. "Fair enough, if I had Megumi as a brother I'd change my name too." Kugisaki scoffed.

Asami didn't know what to expect from her friend, but it definitely wasn't that. She couldn't help but burst into laughter from the girls' words. "But why bother change your name if he didn't?" She further queried. Asami shrugged lightly, "I don't know, I suppose- if you knew the things Toji Fushiguro did, you would too." She replied. "Megumi doesn't know anything, I asked Gojo to never tell him anything about his dad."

"How did you find out?" Nobara questioned. "When Gojo took me to visit the Z'enin Clan, I overheard one of the higher ups." 

The door of the bakery burst open, a familiar voice reaching the two girls' ears. "I found them, Fushiguro!" Asami immediately spun around in her seat to face the two boys, her heart pounding.

"Oi! What are you two idiots doing here? We were having girl time." Nobara sneered at the two. Yuji ignored the ginger, planting himself beside Asami in the booth while Megumi sat beside Nobara.

"You guys were gone for like two hours! We missed you two!"

Nobara scoffed, crossing her arms and looking away from the pink-haired boy. "I didn't miss you." She responded rudely. "Well I said you two to be nice, it was really only Asami I missed." Yuji sneered, just as bluntly. 

Asami's face turned red and her eyes landed upon the smiling boy. "Really?" She asked softly. "Asami don't fall for it! Itadori! You're not about interrupt so rudely like that!" Nobara cried out, waving her finger in the boys face who merely slapped it away.

Megumi and Asami walked quietly behind a bickering Yuji and Nobara, heading back to their school. 

"I told Nobara."

Megumi looked towards Asami in confusion, before realisation dawned on his face. "Why?" He questioned. Asami shrugged, "I'm apart of her bus now, I had to tell her." Megumi looked at the girl in confusion, choosing not to question her strange words. "They were gonna find out sooner or later." She added.

"What about Itadori?" Megumi questioned. Asami hummed momentarily, "he'll figure it out soon." She responded with a shrug. Megumi shook his head, a small smile on his face. 

The two siblings returned to silence before Yuji and Nobara turned around to face the two, yelling at them to catch up before continuing their argument. 

a/n surprise!!!!