⁷ s𝗍ᥲᥣkіᥒg іs ᥴ᥆᥆ᥣ

Another day, another slay.
No.
I'm not slaughtering people, just my teachers.
My English teacher to be exact.
He decided to waste his lesson by complaining about after-school clubs. To be more certain, the sports ones. A student who participated in football hadn't done his homework because he went to the hospital due to an injury that he sustained during practice. So I had to listen to all this drama.

I was still a little bit surprised by Atsumu's words yesterday. He was expecting to see me in the stands again. Just like Mika said, 7 days ago I couldn't even look him in the eye. I talked to him twice now. The day he helped me and yesterday. I don't regard my fleeing from him as a conversation.
All I ever heard about him was that he was supposed to be incredibly rude to awful players. He didn't make it obvious but you could always feel the disappointment circulating through his body whenever a hitter didn't transform his sets flawlessly. Another thing was that he was supposed to be super arrogant even outside of the gym. That's what Emi said. I could confirm neither of these things. He was insanely patient with me and super nice. It was so easy to talk to him. He even went along with my unfunny jokes. So I didn't understand why there were rumors like that about him.

Today I was also fleeing the classroom.
Mika expected me as always but today she was talking to Suna who sat behind her. "Hi Y/N." She said sweetly. "Ever had an English teacher who had a problem with sports?" I sighed. "Did he go on a rant?" "Yep." Now it was my turn to do exactly that. "2 hours! Just because someone
missed one homework assignment. The student was even given a paper proving his visit to the hospital." "Oh god." She giggled. "Sounds like a lot of fun." Suna joined the conversation. "Urgh, don't get me started on the fact that he assigned us everything he wanted to do in the lesson today as homework plus our normal amount of homework. He's fucking mental." "Language." Mika teased. "Oh shut it. You don't have to listen to his crap every Wednesday and Thursday morning."  She laughed at my response. "At least you're good in English." "Can't relate." Suna said. "I heard you're a math genius." I said. He fake gasped. "Who told you? That was my deepest secret." "She did." I pointed at Mika who rolled her eyes." "Stop it, they might get stuck in the back of ya head." I said in her mom's voice. Mika's mom was known for treating her like a 5-year-old.
"Suna, what do you think about math?" I was intrigued by why he had such good grades. "My mom is a maths professor. It comes to me easily. It's not particularly taught interestingly, but it's easy I guess." "Yeah right?!" I exclaimed. "I don't know what kind of the shit the teachers always pull there but the lessons are so boring." "Y/N also always has 100 points in maths." "Top of my class." I saluted. He laughed. "She's always top ten of the whole year." Mika told him proudly about my achievements. "Can't relate. Chemistry and biology are shit. They're ruining my ranking." He complained. "Rintarō, what place did you have last year?" Mika asked. "20 or something... I don't know." She looked at him like she'd seen a ghost. "THEN WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING?!" "Because Chemistry and Biology are shit. Period." I laughed.
Mika was rather life-smart than book-smart. She wasn't dumb at all, she just didn't like studying and rather did sports. However, she always passed every single exam of hers.

After training I found myself standing on the stands again. This time without Mika. She was busy running errands for her mom.
I noticed him glancing at me every time he did a jump serve. It felt like he was saying "watch me" which I definitely did. I tried to Analyse his technique since it was flawless. In Addition I attempted to concentrate on the way he treats his teammates. But he didn't do anything out of the ordinary. The only thing he did was correct his underclassmen in case they'd made any mistakes.
Seems like the usual senpai thing.

I really could not in any way confirm the things said about him. I don't know if I am blind or something but I literally could not see the things I was told about by many students. Maybe they were just jealous.

Today I did not wait. I just went straight Home to the endless amount of English homework assigned by this piece of shit.
Back at home my brother and the babysitter greeted me.
"Y/N!!! You are back!" "Hi Yu, how was school today?" "Amazing, I played so so much with my friends. School was so much fun!" He excitedly told me about everything. I confirmed that the sitter could leave since I was there now. So it was just me and my brother in the house. My mom would come later again. She was working tonight again.
"Y/N, why are you staying so late in school?" He whined. "Uhm you know, Yu. I'm practicing a lot more than usual. I'm trying to improve!" I replied proudly. "WOW, that's soooo cool!!!! You have to teach me how to play! Promise!" "Wanna do it on Thursday after I come home?" "Yes!" He was a small bundle of joy. To me, he was still just a little baby and so freaking cute. "Y/N, can I come to watch your games this year? You are playing this time, right?" "Hmm, yeah of course. By the way, I talked to Emi. You can come with us on Saturday. They are excited to see you again." Imagine being him. I smiled at him knowing he would be very excited. "YAY."
I made him dinner and left a portion for Mom in the fridge. She would be coming home late tonight so I wouldn't see her anymore. But in case she got hungry, I didn't want her to have to make herself something, so I always prepared an extra portion for Her.

Words: 1036