10. Dance Dance Infiltration

HEYY I'm back! Sorry I've been gone I was dealing with school and life but I'm back for a little while since it's the weekend. But if you like this chapter vote, comment, and/or follow.
_____________________________

You were in you and your husband shared office. It was the night of the dance for the student though you and Oz aswell as the staff had to go to watch the children incase anything happened. Though it was also refreshing to be there watching bright minded children having a wonderful night they could remember and bold with their peers as well as their mentors.
You looked out the window as the sky was clear showing off the beauty of the moon and stars. Apollo and Opal were asleep cuddling together on there bed that was placed next to the desk.

You heard the elevator doors open making you turn around to see your lovely husband walking into the office. He seemed to be star-stuck by your beauty. You were wearing your usual work clothing but every time he sees you while the moon shine upon your beautiful it makes his heart skip a beat. He says with a sweet voice,
"Your beautiful.." you let out a soft giggle making his mind fuzzy with only your sugar like tone speak,
"Oh Oz, you flatter me to much." He walked over to you with a smile and soft expression he shows you everyday, yet you can't get enough of it.

Once he was close enough to you he gently grabbed your hands and kissed each of them making your heart flutter. Once he was done he Lowered them still holding them as his eyes lock into yours. He says to you lovingly,
"You are my wife, the other half of my heart. You deserve all the flattery I give you and more.." you smile at him as he did to you. His and your faces came close to each other. Your lips was a inch away from his as you said in a whisper,
"Your so sappy.."
  "Only for you my love.." your lips interlock with each other, kissing each other lovingly. After a brief moment the kiss ended.

   Oz offered his arm as he says,
"Will you do me the honor of taking you to this dance, my lady?" You giggle sweetly at his words. You said playing along and taking his offer of his arm,
"I shall." He chuckled lightly and you both walked to the elevator and started to head to the dance was held.

———————

It was a wonderful night with students dancing, some eating, others talking, and hanging out with friends most of all. Classical music played as you, Oz as well as Glynda talked.
Though you noticed ruby standing alone seeming displeased. You excused yourself for a moment as Glynda and Oz nodded understanding.

You walked over to Ruby as you asked coming to his side,
"Are you not enjoying yourself?" Ruby didn't notice you until you spoke, she turned her head as she says,
"Oh, no, everything's fine! I'm just not much of a fancy pantsy... dancey girl." She admits to you. You could fully understand her situation since you used to be like that, so you said in a response,
"Honestly I fully understand that.. though you can't spend your whole life on the battlefield, even if you may want to."

Ruby crossed her arms looking annoyed as she says,
"Yeah, that lesson's been floating around a lot lately." You looked at her as she spoke. Afterward you thought of what to say you suddenly remembered your fathers words. You smiled staring out at the dancing couples, as you spoke,
"Well If you think about it, fighting and dancing aren't so different. Two partners interlocked." You chuckled to yourself as you said remember the first dance you had with Oz, 
"although one wrong move on the ballroom merely leads to a swollen foot."

Ruby says in response looking down at her feet,
"Or a twisted ankle." I hummed softly as I said to her,
"It's not every day that friends are able to come together like this. Time has a way of testing our bonds, but it's nights like these that can help keep them stronger than ever. Nights like these are ones we'll never forget." Ruby smiles at your words and looks towards the dancing couples. As you both look towards the dance floor Oz came walking over as he was on your side offering his hand,
"May I have a dance, my dear?" You softly giggle as you take his hand.
Ruby looks to the other of you walking to the dance floor and start to slow dance.

. . .

It's been an hour and now a lot of people were at the dance enjoying their time here. Oobleck and Port were joking around in the corner. You, oz. And Glynda were standing around as we talking with Glynda listening to us ramble about something stupid. Well until Ironwood tapped her shoulder getting out attention as ironwood offered her a dance.
Glynda rolled her eyes but reluctantly took his offer as they walked to the dance floor. You giggled as Oz Just watched with a smile.
You and Oz went back to talking to each other.

As the time passed smoothly you started to hear laughter me curiosity grow as you look to see.. Jaune in a.. dress? You said to Oz,
"Hm, well that's a way to come to the dance." Oz says in response,
"Certainly." You and Oz shared a look and suddenly you started to chuckle. Not at the fact Jaune was wearing a dress, no. It was the fact that each time you both look at each other you both start to laugh out of no where.

After the both of your laughters, you both look back to see Team JNPR choreographed dance. It was a short one but it was enjoyable to see the students cheer and dance along.
After a while of that you see ruby leaving though you thought of nothing about it until it seemed like something caught her eye, making ruby start to run in heels.
  You muttered to yourself,
"Well that's odd.." Oz turned to you and asked,
"Is something the matter, love?" You turn to him and said,
"Oh it's nothing, my love. Though I'm going to excuse myself for a while if that's Alright."
Oz noticed the look you gave him and understood, he nodded and turned back to the party as you exist the dance and followed Ruby.

——————

You were now heading towards the Cross Continental Transmit System Tower. You noticed a Locker without a weapon which you presumed it was Ruby's but also there was no guard.. well until you see a guard laying on the floor near the bushes. You hummed and continued on walking into the building.
Once inside you see three guards on the floor unconscious like the one outside. You pull out your scroll and alerted your husband. You entered the elevator and pushed a button. You opened your hand as F/C particles come out forming your sword.

As you went up you heard fighting and gun shot that we're familiar to Ruby's weapon, 'Crimson Rose'. Once the elevator got to its destination you moved swiftly not waiting for the doors to open as you phase through them.
The mystery woman was in mid air firing her arrows towards Ruby when you abruptly ended their fight with a quick slice cutting the arrow in half making them have a small explosion making ruby stumble back as I stood in-front of her.

The mystery woman landed as she was crouched down on her knees she looked up yet she couldn't see the face of the person who protect Ruby.
It's a quickly unique technique you've known since you were a child. It was very handy when it came to no letting your enemies know who you were. I smoothly put my sword back into its scabbard with the charm that hung onto the sword ring since it was a tiny bell.
Before she could attack again the elevator doors opened again to see Ironwood. We look back with ruby smiling happily but you quickly turn to see the woman was out of sight.

Ruby looked back as well to see no one. You made a, "Tsk" noise out of annoyance for not capturing the woman.
You removed the mask that blurred out your face and turned back to ruby and Ironwood with your brows furrowed looking angered.
Ironwood wanted to speak with you but you refused wanted to speak to your husband first.
You soon left the room leaving ironwood and Ruby in the room.
But before you left Ruby thanked you for saving her. You shake your head as you said,
"No. You were doing wonderful on your own, Ruby. Be proud of what you did today." Before ruby could say anymore you left to go back to your husband.

|END.|
_____________________________

Words: [ 1506 ]
HEYYY! I was suppose to finish this on Saturday but I got distracted. Man I really don't want the weekend to end.. i wish I had a longer weekend but it can't be helped— anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and story that I am going to continue when I got more time. Anyways I got to go since it's midnight and I have school so bye!
-A/N or MISHA