Chapter 58

However, Wen Wen was overthinking.

Wen Li kept a clear separation between work and personal matters, even though she was currently researching with Song Yan.

The intricate and hard-to-understand political plotline in this movie destined it to have a mediocre performance in the domestic mainstream film market. However, with its excellent screenplay and exquisite costume design, it received significant accolades both domestically and internationally in its release year.

If one wants to make a period film that is visually and aesthetically pleasing to the audience, it requires much more effort and resources than modern films. Best Art Direction and Best Costume Design awards are not easily won. The meticulous depiction of the Ming Dynasty, its grandeur and atmosphere, with every green tile and red wall in the scenes representing the weight of history.

Even the costumes worn by the actors were recreated to reflect the true magnificence of that era.

No actor could resist such a script and behind-the-scenes team. Anyone who pursued this profession desired to appear in such a film and become a part of it, whether in a minor or major role.

After watching Yu Weiguang's movie, Wen Li was even more excited about Qiu Ping's [Ice City].

Both are renowned directors with top-notch film teams. If she could have her name on the cast list of this film, regardless of her success in transitioning her career, it would be an unforgettable experience for her professional journey.

Entering the industry as a fledgling and gradually growing into a fully-fledged bird, Wen Li had aspirations and ambitions for a higher level. Qiu Ping's new film was her first step towards reaching greater heights.

Although it was a significant step and she hadn't fully taken it yet, as Qiu Ping had only agreed to give her an audition opportunity, she knew she had to seize it herself, and there was no guarantee she would succeed.

Getting such a valuable audition opportunity and competing for the same role as those accomplished actresses with impressive filmographies was challenging yet exhilarating.

As the movie concluded, the credits began rolling on the screen. In the dimly lit hotel suite, the only source of light faded, creating a somber atmosphere.

After watching a thought-provoking and excellent movie, there was always a vague sense of loss in Wen Li's heart. She didn't rush to turn on the lights and sighed softly, gazing at the screen.

"It's still better to be a modern person," she concluded in the end.

Song Yan was also engrossed in watching the movie. At first, when he heard her sigh, he thought she was going to give a lengthy review like professional critics. However, he didn't expect her conclusion to be so down-to-earth.

He smiled and agreed, "Yes."

The movie ended with a melancholic traditional melody, which further dampened Wen Li's mood. She sighed again and slumped onto the couch, saying, "Teacher Song, it was such a pity that you missed this movie."

Of course, she couldn't say that he would have acted better than the original cast because the male actor did a fantastic job as well. But in terms of appearance and temperament, Wen Li believed Song Yan was the most handsome.