chapter 4: Jun Shilling

Start from the beginning

Looking at those glass-like eyes, Chen Yun felt a little guilty.

“It’s not that I didn’t fight for it for you, but you also know that your role as the female lead was originally obtained from the production team under pressure by the company. Now that your family doesn’t have any funds for the production, there’s nothing I can do if the production team wants to replace you.”

Actually, the main character’s role was indeed obtained because Xia Wanyuan had brought funds into the production team. Now that the Xia family was bankrupt, the production team was not satisfied with Xia Wanyuan acting as the female lead. It was expected that they would take the opportunity to go back on their word. However, the contract had already been signed, and if the production team went back on their word, it would be considered a breach of contract.

The company could use the contract as an excuse to pressure the production team, but it was obvious that the current Xia Wanyuan, other than her pretty face, had no value for the company to go head-to-head with the production team.

“If I remember correctly,” Xia Wanyuan’s voice sounded with a hint of coldness, “I signed a contract with the production team. They cannot casually break the contract, right?”

After sorting out the situation she was in, Xia Wanyuan felt that she would soon be kicked out of the company. If she wanted to survive, she had to work hard. Since the owner of the body was an actress, she had to take over her job temporarily.Chen Yun’s heart skipped a beat. ‘How have I never realized that Xia Wanyuan’s voice actually sounds quite pleasant?’

“The contract hasn’t changed. It’s just that you and the original second female lead have exchanged roles. Ruan Yingyu will play the female lead, and you will play her role.” Chen Yun did not dare to look Xia Wanyuan in the eye, but on second thought, why should he be afraid of her?

“Okay, I’m fine with that. When am I supposed to start?”

“That’s not…” Chen Yun, who was about to argue with Xia Wanyuan, was stunned. “You agreed?”

“Yes, I agree. Send me the script.”

With that said, she resumed her reading position and turned to look at Chen Yun. “Is there anything else?”

“I-It’s nothing. I’ll send it to you when I get back.” The heaven-shaking, earth-shattering event that he had originally anticipated did not happen. In fact, the aura that Xia Wanyuan had inadvertently revealed made him feel a little short of breath. He could not help but wipe his eyes. There was nothing wrong! This woman was indeed Xia Wanyuan! Was he living in a fantasy world?’

Seeing that Xia Wanyuan was once again looking at the book in her hand and did not intend to speak further, Chen Yun tactfully left. Before he left, he glanced at the book in Xia Wanyuan’s hand—’Whistling Manor’, and then at Xia Wanyuan, who seemed completely engrossed.

Ha, this world was indeed a fantasy.Even after leaving the villa, Chen Yun was still puzzled. Why did he leave obediently without even scolding her? But it was fine since Xia Wanyuan was willing to cooperate obediently.

Initially, she was able to survive in the entertainment industry because she had brought in funds to join the production team. However, her acting skills were so bad and she always acted arrogantly. Hence, she didn’t have many fans but had many haters instead.

Since the Xia family was now bankrupt, this drama would probably be her last drama even if nothing went wrong. Chen Yun expressed his gratitude to the heavens now that he was finally going to get rid of this demanding woman!

What surprised everyone in the villa was that Xia Wanyuan, who was usually nowhere to be seen, was actually obediently staying at home that day. After lunch, she took a nap, then in the afternoon, she took another book to read. This time, it was the little master’s English book.