𝐬𝐢𝐱. now and forevermore

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗. now and forevermore

❨ gen v ❩

AS THE WOODEN BALL SAILED THROUGH THE AIR, all the hopeful children clutched their hands together and held their breath

AS THE WOODEN BALL SAILED THROUGH THE AIR, all the hopeful children clutched their hands together and held their breath. Miyeon held her breath along with them.

When the ball bounced off the basket's rim and thudded to the ground, she couldn't resist joining the collective groan of disappointment.

Luke shrugged and pushed a hand through his hair. "Sorry, guys. Did my best." He was good-natured in defeat. A gracious loser, as always. But Miyeon could tell he was disappointed, too. Not over his bruised pride, but on account of the children. He wanted to give them a prize to remember, and who could blame him?

Thrusting caution and frugality aside, Miyeon pushed her way to the booth and addressed to the worker. "How much for the big one?"

The woman's eyes flared with greed, but her mouth was firm. "It's not for sale."

Miyeon pleaded, chin propped in her hand. Her long dark hair tumbled about her shoulders in fetching waves, and the late afternoon sun gave it warm, reddish highlights. With her teeth, she worried that plump, sweet bottom lip and her toes tapped in time to some distant music.

She was lovely. And it was a surprise to many that the lady didn't give in then and there, Miyeon huffed.

"I'll have a go, then." Jordan stepped up.

The carnival was where their joy grew as easily as proving bread. Souls needed these festivals to expand and grow, to become big enough to give to others daily, this was part of the natural cycle of living.

Or that's what Miyeon said, though, the group told her that if she wanted to go to the local festival she could've just said so.

"Sorry," The stout woman crossed her arms. "The booth is now closed."

"What?" Said Andre, pushing through, casting a superior glance at the group. "We still have like three more hours till closing?"

Jordan laughed, patting Andre's back, "Pity," they said amiably, "I was looking forward to showing Luke up."