11

After the previous scene, Willy Wonka pushed a button that made a ding. It's an elevator made out of glass!

"I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. The elevator's by far the most efficient way to get around the factory!" Willy exclaimed. Willy said with a grin. This place was going to have a lot of rooms because it was so big! I looked to the side and saw buttons with room labels.

"There can't be this many floors," Mike reasoned..

"How do you know, Mr. Smarty-Pants?" Willy asked Mike, looking down on him. "And this isn't an ordinary up-and-down elevator, by the way. This elevator can go sideways, longways, slantways and any other ways you can think of!"

"You just press any button," he said, pressing one. "And, whoosh! You're off!"

The elevator abruptly shifted to the side, causing everyone to flinch. Fortunately, Miss Mitchell caught me, and the elevator began to move again. I soon see lights, followed by the outside world. I'm sure I can see the white areas around us!

Willy then pointed to the side. "Oh, look! Look!" we exclaimed as we passed by the brown and massive mountain.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Fudge Mountain!" he happily announced. I was amazed, and we all waved as the Oompa-Loompas waved back.

We passed through another room where shears were being used to shear the pink sheep. This is, without a doubt, where it makes cotton candy. "Oh!" Willy was about to say something when he realized he was conflicted and added, "I'd rather not talk about this one."

Then he simply looked at Miss Mitchell, diverting his attention away from the awkward sentence.

The elevator entered a different room, where he explained that it was the Puppet Hospital and Burn Center. "It's still relatively new," he joked. When I saw the burned puppet from earlier, I cringed again.

The elevator then came to a halt and dropped down, clutching Willy and Miss Mitchell's hands for support. It kept moving until we came across a slew of desks with lights.

"Ah, the administration offices," Willy said as the elevator stopped in front of a desk. The Oompa-Loompa was dressed for work and typing away.

"Hello, Doris!" Willy waved his hand, and I followed. They returned the wave and went about their business.

The elevator moved again, this time in reverse. We went into another room after hearing fireworks and other sounds. The Oompa-Loompas were shooting targets that resulted in fireworks.

I had no idea what this room's name was, but it was so loud that I covered my ears. Willy gave me a puzzled look, but Miss Mitchell quickly explained that I can't handle fireworks right now. He simply nodded.

"Why is everything here completely pointless?" Mike asked, uninterested.

"Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy," I reasoned with him.

But, Mike disagreed. "It's stupid! Candy is a waste of time!"

I'd never wanted to argue more, so I cut the conversation short as Miss Mitchell gave the boy a stern look. When I looked at Willy, he seemed to recognize the last sentence. As he gazed into the distance, his face made that uneasy look.

I held his hand for a few moments, telling him to concentrate on the situation at hand. Willy then turned to face me, a genuine smile on his face. Mike became agitated and said, "I wanna pick a room!" Our attention was drawn to Mike, who was staring at us.

Willy then had this grin that implied a different message. "Go ahead," he insisted. Mike looked around until he found a button with the words "Television Room" on it. When he pressed it, the elevator whizzed off to that room.