Chapter 13

Serkan blinked, waking up to a sleeping Kiraz in his arms, He laid beside her on the Hospital bed and she seemed to have shifted from his side to his chest in the night.

He wrapped his arms around her and inhaled her sweet scent. He loved her so much, she was so precious, in only few weeks, she had became his soul.

By far, she was the bestest gift Eda could ever give him. The most beautiful and precious proof of their love.

Kiraz blinked, shifting against him and yawning. "Günaydın." He whispered stroking her hair.

"Mhm.." Kiraz moaned sleepily against his chest, and Serkan swore, if it wasn't for the difference in height and weight, he would think it was Eda laying on top of him.

She was such a copy of her mother, yawning and settling against him, he rubbed her small back, thinking of Eda. He hoped she had gotten some sleep and respite. He wished she was here. Just looking at Kiraz made his heart double the love he had for Eda.

Finally, blinking and looking up, Kiraz rubbed her eyes. "Günaydın." She said softly.

Serkan kissed the top of her head. "Mehraba Babacim."

Kiraz smiled, then her smile disapeared on a thought. "I miss Anne, I usually wake up with her." She let out sadly.

"You didn’t like waking up with me ?" Serkan asked, he'd understand, she knew Eda all her life, he was still a new person in her life.

"No, I did. I love it. But I hurt Anne and I feel so bad." Kiraz frowned in genuine worry.

"Merak etme, how about we get you ready, all washed up and pretty, and then we have some breakfast, and Anne will be here soon I am sure, you can make everything alright then." Serkan promised.

"Tamam." Kiraz agreed.

Once Serkan had helped her shower and gotten her ready, dried and brushed her hair, helped her brush her teeth, they sat with him on a chair and her in bed and shared toasts and juice for breakfast.

"We are failing at our mission." Kiraz stated swallowing her food, Serkan noted her cheeks were rounded already, skin shifting from the pale sickness hue to Eda's own beloved caramel tone he loved.

"Ne mission ?" Serkan asked her.

"We have to make Anne happy, plan from today. You forgot ?" Kiraz pressed

Serkan breathed in. "No, but we are failing indeed." He let out.

"I don’t know what happened, I wanted to make her happy and I ended up hurting her the most." Kiraz said sadly.

"Same here kizim." Serkan let out thoughfully, he had broken Eda so much, all while thinking he was sacrifying their relationship for her greater happiness.

"So we have to focus more from now on, we need a plan. You need to bring her flowers, and her favourite breakfast." Kiraz told Serkan.

"I am not sure flowers are appropriate. And your mother doesn't have a favourite breakfast. She loves eating all and everything at once for breakfast." Serkan told Kiraz with a fond smile, Kiraz frowned.

"Then bring her everything. And she loves flowers!"  She let out and Serkan chuckled. "I can bring her some of her favourite coffee, if you stay alone a little bit, it always made her happy." Serkan thought.

"Olur, I'll just watch my cartoons. Ve, I have to apologies to her, I hurt her." Kiraz decided, sighing as if taking a deep resolution, Serkan found her adorable.

"And you have to apologies too!" She pointed. "Because you hurt her too, like you said yesterday."  Kiraz stated.

Serkan's face fell. "Kiraz, I hurt her much more than you imagine, I don't think it's the right time, she won't listen." He sighed.