"What do you think was going through my mind?" Everyone stared at them in shock.

"He's alive."

"But how?"

"Stephan killed him."

"Garth!" Kergy and Jerald ran over and helped him up. Almost immediately, they hugged him tightly.

"Air. Need air," he wheezed. The Nevers let him go, pretending that nothing had happened. Scar barked, sitting beside him regally. Garth gave him a pat on the head.

"Did I come back during a funeral?" he asked. Lilac laughed as he took her hands into his.

"Sort o-mm!" She didn't get to finish before Garth pulled her into a kiss. Kergy and Jerald looked away, fake gagging as they peeked at the kiss. Isabella gasped as another burst of magic spread across Lilac. Her hair hung loose in long curls. Her white dress changed into a sparkling pink gown, a sash across her shoulder. They let go, Lilac noticing the new dress and Garth's glowing finger. He sneered.

"I prefer you in pink," he explained. Lilac giggled as he pulled her closer. Stephan gawked at the couple, his anger pointed more toward Garth.

"But...I killed you. You should be dead," the prince mused. Garth looked at the prince, holding Lilac by the waist.

"But I'm not. What are you going to do about it?" Stephan's breath grew heavier as he stared at the Never. His finger glowed bright blue, causing everyone to back away. Garth shifted in front of Lilac, the princess holding onto his shoulder. Stephan snarled.

"Why don't you attack?" he called out to the audience. "He's a Never. In our school. Stealing princesses. We should be stopping him, like the Evers we are." The crowd grew unsteady. Garth turned to Lilac.

"You should get back," he told her. She shook her head.

"I'm not leaving you." In response, she clung to his arm even tighter.

"You won't harm anyone else ever again, Never!" Stephan shouted as a blue bolt flew from his fingertips. Garth sidestepped in front of Lilac, the bolt coming in too quickly for them to move.

Suddenly, Edward jumped out in front at the last minute. The crowd screamed as the prince hit the ground, groaning.

"Edward!" Garth kneeled by his friend. He turned the prince over to find a scorch mark on his jacket. Edward was heaving for breath as Garth investigated further.

"Ed!" Amanda squealed, staring into his eyes. "Why did you do that?" Edward kept gasping for breath, beads of sweat trailing down his face.

"The...Good...defend," he replied in between gasps. Garth took off his jacket, folded it up, and sat it under Edward's head.

"Yeah, well, I appreciate it. But that was a dumb move. You're a smart guy and you do this?" Garth complained as he unbuttoned the prince's shirt. What he found wasn't good. Edward's chest was black and blue, not in the case of bruising, but the magic version of poison. Something Garth had learned in class.