"Hello?" She asks, leaning against the wall as she watches the commercial on the TV. "Hey, Ella." Mike sighs in his sleepy voice. Oh. Ohhh.

She turns her head to check the time, 9:32 am.

"Hey, Mike," She sighs, twirling the strings of his hoodie. "What's up?" She asks.

"Nothing, just wanted to check up," he asks. You can hear Abby shuffling around in the back, yelling for her brother. "Hold on." He mutters into the phone, pulling it away from his mouth and telling Abby off.

The pair bicker for a second, Aella smiling at their comebacks. "I don't care who you're talking to, my book is missing!" Abby yells as she makes her way to the phone.

"Hey, get out of my face before I send you to school with duct tape on your mouth," Mike mumbles through clenched teeth. "Sorry." He sighs. Aella laughs.

"Hey, you uh.. you coming over later?" He questions, shifting gently. "I mean, I could," Aella shrugs, rubbing her lips together. "Do you need something?" She asks.

"Could you take Abby to eat so I could go to an interview?" He asks. Aella can almost hear the smile in his voice. She almost jumps up and down when she hears he got another interview.

"Seriously? Oh my God, Mike. Of course I will." Aella nearly squeals. "Thanks," He laughs. "Yeah, it's a simple office job. I'll start off as an assistant manager, but I'll make my way up through promotions." He explained.

"I'm so happy for you," Aella smiles. "I'll take Abby to Sparky's. Is that alright?" She asks, flipping his hoodie sleeve up and writing it down to remind himself.

"That's fine. When I'm done, I'll go meet you guys there." Mike mutters. "Perfect. I'll see you later." Aella nods, waiting for his farewell. "Have a good day." He says before hanging up.

"Hey Abby!" Aella greets from the drivers side window

"Hey Abby!" Aella greets from the drivers side window. Abby waves as her backpack jumps up and down while running before she pulls the back door open and jumps in.

Mike is a short ways behind her, under eyes dark as he makes his way to Aella. "Hey." He greets, ducking to see her fully. "Hi." She smiles.

"She's not allowed to get ice cream or anything bigger than a medium for her drinks." Mike points to Abby in the backseat. Aella turns to look at the girl with her eyebrows furrowed. "What did you do?"

"She kicked me in the face," he mutters, hand coming up to rub his jaw. "Might have a sore jaw for a week after that." He mumbles. Aella's jaw drop as she gasps out an, "Abby!"

"He was trying to get me in a shirt I didn't want!" She defends herself with her arms crossed. "You don't kick your brother." Aella shakes her head, looking over at Mike.