My Birthday Baby

your birthday seemed an ordinary day to you. you usually just went on your daily routine. it wasn't until this year that your boyfriend, pedri, decided to plan a vacation to celebrate you.

you've never celebrated the day since you were practically a kid. pedri figured it would a good time to step away from the world and make new memories together. the relationship was still in the new phase, meaning this trip would bring the two of you together.

"y/n! are you all packed up?" pedri yelled down the hall, expecting an answer.

"yeah! i'm coming!" zipping up your suitcase. you honestly had no idea where you were going. your party planner pedri only told you to pack pajamas, bathing suits, and some dresses to handle at least 4 days of vacation.

meeting up with your boyfriend outside, you gave him a quick peck on the lip before getting in the car. all suitcase business had been given to him to handle. only job you had to do was attend and look pretty.

considering it was 7 pm at night, the whole city of barcelona was sparkling. the city lights specifically highlighting your face for pedri to look at.

"won't you give me a hint on where we're going?" if you had a penny for every time you begged him to tell you the destination, you would be filthy rich for the rest of your life.

"i already told you, it's a surprise." it was the same answer every time. sighing with anxiety and your nerves pumping, you just had to trust him. there were so many places on your bucket list, the guesses could go on for ages.

"how long is this car ride anyway?" you closed your eyes just for a bit.

little did you know. "not long. look outside." opening your eyes and trying to clear your vision. your jaw dropped and your back suddenly straightened.

"you're joking, right?"

in front of your eyes was a luxurious private jet with a carpet customized to your name that was in front of the stairs leading to it. other than your boyfriend, this is probably the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.

pedri stopped the car and put it on park. "do you like it?"

"are you kidding me. i love it so much. thank you!" hugging him from the passenger seat was hard, but he could feel the excitement coming from you.

people coming to park the car in valet and take your suitcases as your hand was grabbing pedri's hand tightly. you wanted to run onto the jet immediately, but the visuals of it made you stop in awe.

•••

most of your flight was drinking champagne and then falling into a deep sleep after. pedri gently woke you up to see the view. you saw clear waters and the bright sun.

"it's beautiful, but where are we?"

"welcome to malé, maldives."

getting off the plane shortly and stretching your legs, the sky was so clear. you didn't have to worry about baggage claim either since they were going to be at the resort before you even knew it.

you thought your resort would be in the middle of the city, so you can just go out. were you proven wrong quickly. you were soon on a boat riding to your overwater villa. pedri was really spoiling you this trip.

the villa was gorgeous. you had a fear that you were going to get home sick easily because it was a four day trip, but you would rather spend your whole life here without a doubt.

"it's still early. wanna go for a swim?" pedri never missed an opportunity to do something active. you couldn't blame him, the pool was definitely special.

changing quickly and jumping into the ice cold water woke you up after your long flight.

"thank you for all of this. it really means a lot."

"i believe you should be celebrated. it's even better when you're celebrating with me." giving you a wink made you lay your face into his shoulder from his cheesy flirting.

•••

it all happened so fast. after swimming, you took a tour around a nearby resort. doing some yoga before it was dinner. putting on your best outfit and pedri having his fancy suite, it all felt like a fever dream.

this man got you a 10 course meal, 11 if you include something else. 

"pedri, you don't understand. i am so grateful you're doing all of this. but how long did this take you to plan?" stuffing your face with the tiniest portion of caviar they gave you.

"like two weeks. i don't know, my manager did everything for me. i just had to pay for it."

that was such a pedri thing to do. he wanted to show you that he appreciated you, but he had troubles trying to show it. it was the thought that counted.

finishing your meal, an unexpected surprise was coming towards your table.

a birthday cake with the words 'happy birthday' was sitting in front of you while your boyfriend and complete happy strangers singing to you. memories of your past birthdays were running through your mind and you felt happy as the celebration of your birth was with the only person that mattered to you.

your boyfriend, pedri gonzalez.

Credit:
Tumblr - loviingpedri