chapter nineteen

Fabiana's Pov
"Can I see my wife?"

"I'm sorry ma'am but she's in a meeting," her PA says Abit more confident than last time. She hates meetings, especially at this hour.

"Don't lie to me Hailey, I'm better of an ally," I say making her tense up. "she..she doesn't want to see you,"she says nervously. "Well I want to see her so move,"I say towering over her short height. I open the door to an empty office which confuses me abit.

"You said.."

"she's in a meeting,"she says cockily. She's tiny but easy to dislike. I hear footsteps behind me and turn to her laughing with a woman in a suit walking beside her.

"Amelia we need to talk,"

"Hailey could you get Eraya settled in to my office?"she says calmly still holding that put together smile. "I'll be with you in a minute, let my assistant get you anything you'd like,"she says beaming with her attention on her like she's the most important person in the building and to her that should be me.

"Fabi I told you I need time,"

"To move on it seems,"

"Boardroom now!"she commands and I follow her like an obedient child. She closes the door and shuts the blinds to the huge room. "I told you I need space and time to figure myself out and try to understand what you did,"

"You seemed figured out earlier,"

"I didn't do this to us, you did. Everytime we are finally in a good place with our love you wreck it. You bring chaos with you Fabi. I get that you're still in awe that it's you I chose over everyone else but I am too, yet I don't feel the urge to cause a fight everytime we're finally happy and good. How long were you going to keep Marie a secret?"

"What?"

"Your flight attendant mistress,"

"Baby I don't have a mistress,"

"Another lie and you insist you don't want to lose me. Look I have an important contract to get to. When you're ready to be honest with me, minus the bullshit you know where to find me. And fix your goddammn tie its driving me crazy,"she says walking past me to the door but stops to look back at me longingly before walking out. How the fuck did she know about Marie? Sure I kept her on the side while we were engaged but I haven't looked at any other woman since we got married. I couldn't because she's all and everything more to me. I fix my suit before walking out and probably going back to work myself.

Why now? is the question I keep asking myself but then remember what she said years ago. That she'd kill me if I ever married someone other than her. Ofcourse I didn't see that as a problem because I never wanted to commit to anyone. I play with the shiny ring on my finger still processing that I took an oath to love and protect this woman and right now I'm failing at both. How did it even get here? "Why did we stop?"I ask my driver. "Ma'am we are surrounded,"he says drawing my attention. I get out of the car without thinking twice about it because I already know who is behind it. "Fabiana Scuderi ladies and gentlemen,"she says leaning against her car with her red hair longer than I last saw it.

I watch her straighten her black dress before walking over to me with each step revealing ample of her thigh from the high slit of the dress. She's well guarded given how many men are behind her. You'd think the heels would do much for her height but I'm still towering over her, but she's nothing like my Amelia. I love how short she is because then I can be all she needs when it comes to most things. I put my hands in my pockets to avoid any contact. There's a raised alarm when she reaches for my collar, running her fingers down to my crotch and I don't hesitate to grab her arm and throw it away. "Always so hot,"she says and in one swift motion there's a gun pointed to my head.

"Nobody move or your boss gets it,"she says seriously but I know only one of us is bold enough to pull the trigger on the other. "I was already looking forward to it,"I say giving he a half smile and let her lead me to her car with the gun still intact. I could easily overpower her but I don't want to. I want to get this over with. We pull up to a house outside the city with her wearing a huge smirk on her face. "No need for that,"I say once she tries to draw her gun again but she dismisses it. Trusting your enemy is the worst mistake. Once inside she closes the door letting her men stand outside and surround the place. I taught her well. Looking at her now makes it harder to follow through with the threats I made to her. She has this villain stare that replaced the hungry one she had when I last saw her.

I follow her to her study where she pours us both a glass of whiskey but even I know I shouldn't be drinking with all that's going on. I'd easily blame it on the alcohol. "Your wife is different,like a helpless cow it makes me almost feel bad for hating her as much as I do,"she says sipping lightly. I take a seat on the huge leather sofa shamelessly because my wife is a lot of things and unlike her I can't run away to a best friend everytime we have a fight or I don't want to look at her twice. "Different I agree but I think you're better than assuming,"I say genuinely taking a sip from my own glass, not once breaking eye contact. Her eyes grow darker and I can't help but lower my gaze to her revealing cleavage.

No. This is what she does to get what she wants from me and she's good at it too. I watch her as she unzips her dress from the side and slowly peeling it off her skin and letting it fall on the floor. She hesitates but starts walking over to me as if she's giving me a full on show of her sexy lingerie. Sexy? I need to get of here. She leans in with her hands resting on my upper thighs. "Did you miss me?" She asks with her blood red lipstick letting her teeth steal the show. She leans in and I can feel her hot breath on my lips and feel myself almost giving in to her. I haven't had sex in a week and it's impairing my judgement. "Why did you bring me here?" I ask getting up to stand abit farther away from her before I take her right here and regret it immediately because I just wanted a quick release.

"I brought you here because I know that puttana forced you into marrying her so she can take all your money,"

"because you wanted it first? You were always my mother's favorite,"

"Volevo TE per primo. If it wasn't for me you would still be a junkie with your...your cocaine and...and feste sessuali," she says with her thick Italian accent that I've learned to hate.

"You don't know a fucking thing about me Verena! Don't you ever talk about me like you do,"I say grabbing her chin and I'm not even surprised that she's finding thrill in the fact that I'm willingly initiating contact, so I step back withdrawing my hand.

"You promised to never love anyone else an-"

"You made all that up in your head. You wanted to wipe out my whole family. Now I will tell you this once so fucking look at me when I'm talking. I don't love you or care about you so if you so much as breath near my family I will personally make your biggest fear come true,"I say and as composed as she is there's a glint of hurt and some what fear in her eyes. She knows what I mean. After all those years both of us have changed but only one did for the better and it's certainly not her. I place her glass on the desk before turning to leave.

"if you walk out I'll shoot you,"

"You haven't moved on Rena, have you?" I ask and the deafening silence is all the answer I need. I really need to fix things with Amelia before she pulls away any further. How did she even know about Marie because I know Verena would have her dead by now if she knew. I seriously had bad taste with the people I got involved with before my Amelia.