"There are enough of us to do a dance ourselves," Simón reasoned.

That's how it was, all the Bridgertons met at the dukes' house to do an impromptu dance, and Simon hired some last-minute musicians.

Everyone was dancing except Penelope and the second Bridgerton, sitting on a couch watching everyone celebrate.

- I'm sorry that Sophie left.

Benedict made a disgusted face, he didn't want to think about her anymore, but that was all he does.

- Eloise should shut up from time to time.

They both looked at Eloise, who was dancing very animatedly with Sir Phillip; although they were not married, everyone already saw him as part of the family, along with the twins.

- Have you tried looking for her?

- the person who contacted me for the job reference does not know anything about her; she told me that he was just corroborating the information as a favor for a lord's butler, but that doesn't know names.

- I'm sorry.

- If you find her, what could you tell her? - he said more to himself - she doesn't want anything to do with me.

Penelope frowned.

- That's not what Eloise told me, she loves you, she just can't accept being your mistress, because the day you get married will suffer and she can't stand that.

Benedict knew he would murder his sister.

- I can't believe El told you.

- you should be thankful it doesn't come out in - whisper - Lady Whistledown.

- You're right, maybe she gets angry with me and writes it down.

- Anthony and Colin wouldn't allow it.

- yes, because she has no methods

They both scoffed.

- What if you marry Sophie?

Benedict looked at Penelope as if she had said something stupid.

- She would suffer a lot because of how the people of the Ton would treat her.

- She works as a maid, do you think she hasn't already experienced it? I know you're still waiting for the lady in the silver dress, Anthony does everything he can to find her name, but he's looking for a needle in a haystack. Instead, Sophie is there; you love her, and she loves you. Not a single person here will do anything but love her, too. Why do you make it so complicated?

Colin walked towards them with Thomas in his arms and a big smile on his face.

- Come, they are going to play a waltz.

The third Bridgerton gave Thomas to his brother, Penelope got up, and all the couples started dancing the waltz. Violet saw the spectacle with stars in her eyes.

Benedict saw his brothers so happy with their life partners, and he truly wished that he and Sophie were dancing among them.

It hit him like a bucket of cold water.

I'm marrying Sophie Beckett he promised.

(...)

Penelope was very close to nine months. Although this pregnancy had been more difficult at the beginning, and it was laborious to sleep, she did not had any complications like with her first child.

That morning Colin had gone out with Thomas, Eloise and the nanny, because they had been told that it was easier for him to walk on grass than on the floor. Penelope wanted to accompany them, but the weight of her baby did not allow her to walk much before she ran out of air.