Chapter 17 - Briggs Revamonte

Chapter 17

Briggs Revamonte POV

"Nikolaus Hiero Cassano, the Cassano heir." She smirked, and I sense an idea that won't stop her. She'll simply stop playing if she completes the game. "Now's the time to join our enemy's organization. You'll be his secretary, quietly working behind his shadow."

"He was known for being prickly. Mabilis s'yang makatunog." Sambit ko. Magiging imposible ang gusto n'yang mangyari.

"Are you scared of that asshole?" Lumiyab agad ang mga mata niya nang tumingin sa akin. Parang kanina lang ay excited siya na papasukin ako bilang secretary ni Nikolaus.

Nikolaus Hiero Cassano was a feared mafia boss known for his heartless and merciless. His name struck fear in the criminal underworld due to his cold-hearted and calculated approach to running his organization.

"How did you know that he needs a secretary?" Hindi ko sinagot ang tanong niya.

"My husband told me. He asked me if I knew someone or could recommend."

"And?"

"And I said yes." Napapikit ako at hindi makapaniwala sa bigla-bigla n'yang desisyon. She's straight to the point, no fuss or frills. Kapag gusto niya, gagawin niya.

"And you recommend me?"

"Relax, he had no idea about you being my secretary, which is why I recommended you." Tinuro niya pa ako.

"Kahit na. Pa'no kung malaman niya?" Nagliyab na naman siya.

"He won't know unless we tell him. Besides, there's no evidence that you're working for me." Mariin n'yang sabi. "Just get ready for your interview tomorrow. You better be the one they choose, or else I'll kill you." Pagbabanta niya pa.

Hindi niya pa sinasabi sa akin ang buong plano niya pero ito ang una n'yang pinapagawa sa akin. I may be close to her but she's still my boss. Wala akong choice kundi ang gawin 'to kahit alam ko na magiging mahirap ang pagpasok ko bilang secretary ng isang Nikolaus Hiero Cassano.

Hindi ako kinakabahan sa interview pero gumawa ako ng script na sasabihin. Iyong kapani-paniwala para ako ang tuluyan nilang matanggap. Dahil kung hindi, malalagot ako sa kanya. May isang salita pa naman 'yon.

"I got accepted." Balita ko sa kanya na paniguradong ikatutuwa niya. Sinakto kong sabihin sa kanya ngayon dahil nabalitaan ko kanina na mainit ang ulo niya sa opisina.

"Really?" She's currently playing golf.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked her again about doing this.

"Get close to him, become one of his loyal men, and once we have all the information that I need, I'll kill him. We'll use him to summon his parents." She grinned and hit the ball.

"Who will be your secretary while I'm gone?"

"Blaze can't, as he's dealing with an important task. Boris is currently in Spain, gathering information on someone. Bruce is managing the underground transactions, and Billy is busy at the casino." Napaisip siya. "Call Boris. Have him pass on to Blaze the task I've given her."

I started as Nikolaus' office secretary, and after six months, I became his personal secretary. I put in my best effort to gain his trust because the closer I am to him, the more valuable information I can get.

"Gun, Briggs," he left his gun and requested to borrow mine.

During the interview, one of Nikolaus' men asked if I knew how to use a gun, and I told him yes. Sinabi kong dating police officer ang Papa ko at ito ang nagturo sa akin na humawak ng baril. Alam 'yun ni Nikolaus kaya binigyan niya ako ng baril.