Chapter Sixty Four.

LXIV. Heartbreak Weather

      Odessa's success at not breaking her egg gave Chozen the slightest bit of hope for them but apparently not enough

Odessa's success at not breaking her egg gave Chozen the slightest bit of hope for them but apparently not enough. She stood with her teammates and they watched the Sensei fry an egg on the skillet pan. "You are not good Yanbaru Kuina," Chozen stated. He stood up straight. "With exception of
one—" he pointed at Odessa. "Snakes will take you down one by one. I have tried to tell you what you must do. But you not listen. You must learn to adapt. Or soon, you will be extinct. Take new eggs. Try again."

Odessa grabbed a couple eggs and handed one of them to Eli. She noticed his tight jaw. He only did it when he was frustrated. "Hey, are you okay?" She asked him.

Eli just shook his head. "Yeah. I'm okay. I'll tell you later." He responded dismissively.

"Sensei Toguchi's real crypt, like Mr. Larusso, but aggressive like Sensei Lawrence." Said Demetri while twirling his egg.

"He's like if Daniel and Johnny had a kid together," said Oliver. The comment earned him multiple strange looks. "Oh, I know I'm not the only one who's ever thought of that."

"Can't wait to get our asses kicked again." Mitch grumbled.

Hailey scoffed when he walked away. "He's such a pussy. Why is he here again?" She said to Odessa.

Odessa hit her arm.

Anthony quickly stopped everyone from walking away. "Uh, no. No, um. . . G-Guys, uh, wait." He stammered.

The teammates paused and looked at one another. Odessa came back and stood by Eli, her arm looped through his like it was a natural instinct to be by his side.

"He said that the snakes will take us down one by one. Right? Just like he took us down one by one, but. . . But what if we weren't a bunch of ones? Like, what if we were. . ." Anthony expressed his thought.

"Together." His sister finished.

"Yes, exactly!" He said with a smile. "Like, um, like a raiding party in Dungeon Lords."

Almost all the guys got hyped after that. "Yeah, yeah, yeah! Even if you're a level 85, you can't mount an attack on the grand realm alone." Said Demetri.

"Exactly. You need a team. Everybody has a special role." Said Eli. His girlfriend raised her brows, not getting it.

Hailey groaned. "Not the nerd talk again." He dramatized and laid her head on Grayson's shoulder.

"The only way we win is if we work together.  As one." Anthony finished.

Oliver grinned and patted him on the back. "Nice plan, Shit Head."

Demetri's eyes went large. "Oliver!"

Robby accidentally snorted a laugh.

"Sorry. That slipped out."