Chapter 2: Consequences

"Nononononono. I don't want to wait for another day, hour, minute, or second. I want to be with you now. You felt the same way like I do, so you SHOULD understand-" She rambled on before stopping abruptly, her eyes growing duller as she realized something.

"Unless you lied. Do you not understand how I feel? Do you not share the same feelings like I do? Do you even love me?"

I messed up, I didn't realize how impatient she would be. It's like telling a lion that had been starving for three days to starve one more day when there's a meal right in front of it.

"W-Why would you just lie to me? To hurt me? Do you- you must've hated me, right?"

Mika continued mumbling to herself, her voice growing colder with every sentence. Without giving me a chance to fix this situation, she spoke once more.

"Right, m-maybe you did that... because you didn't know how much it hurts. I-If I show you... how hurt I felt... you wouldn't lie to me again, right?"

Before I could fully process what she just said, a sharp sensation spread through my right hand.

"AAAAHHHHHHHH!!"

I let out a scream from the sudden pain, my eyes darting towards the source of it. A knife had been stabbed through my right hand, my own blood wetting the armchair that my arm was bound to. The pain only intensified as the knife twisted around inside my hand. With each twist, a wave of pain washed over my entire body as pained breath escaped my mouth.

"Keuk... Khak... Hah..."

When I finally came to my senses, the pain had finally subsided. My eyes weakly glanced over to my right hand, only to find it perfectly fine, without any scars or bloodstains.

"Wha... How..."

"You didn't think... I would actually hurt you, r-right? Even if you lied and hurt me... how could I possibly hurt you... my dear liar?"

Her words of reassurance were betrayed by her dull eyes and twisted smile.

"Some ghosts can play... tricks on your mind... and I just happened to have that... ability. That means... I can make you f-feel like you've been cut... stabbed... gutted... and k-killed... b-but you'll be totally fine!"

'I won't be fine!!!'

I felt like retorting her nonsensical words, but my mind was still shaken from the vivid pain in my right hand. Even though my hand wasn't actually harmed, the radiating pain still remaining and the sweat pouring down my back were proof that the torment might as well be real.

"But that wasn't even close... to how much it h-hurt when you lied to me... my dear liar. Then... let's do that around fifty more times... okay? Then I'll be able to f-forgive you! We'll be together forever again!"

'Fifty...!'

My mind was already going numb from that torture, but this crazy bitch wants to do it how many more times?! I needed to get myself out of this situation before she turned my brain into mush, but my body could barely cooperate with me.

"S... Sor... ry..."

"Hm...? What would you be sorry for... my dear liar?"

"Sorry for... lying... to you."

"Ah~, that? It's good that you apologized... But you know... liars must be punished properly... so that t-they won't do it again, right?"

'Damn it, damn it...'

Her expression didn't budge at all from my apology, her empty eyes kept staring right through me. She playfully used her fingers to trace the spot where my hand had been stabbed earlier. My right hand jolted from the sensation, still traumatized from the pain.