Sticker covered rings

If you told sun wukong four years ago that he’d be sitting in front of a monitor, streaming live to thousands of people while playing Stardew Valley  of all things, he would’ve laughed in your face.

Said it was impossible, that internet fame wasn’t for him and peaceful games such as that don’t suit him.

Yet here he was, well into the evening, sitting comfortably in his chair doing just that.

His eyes glided over his right monitor as he skimmed the chat, picking out one to read at random.

“‘Who’s your favourite character?’ That’s really easy, dear chatter. It’s obviously  Sandy. She’s so pretty!”

He replied, giving the camera a smile, that quickly turned mischievous. “Do you think she’d be…”

Before he could finish his sentence, multiple highlighted messages from his moderators flashed in his chat.

all displaying the exact same message: NO SEXUAL JOKES YOU’LL GET BANNED!

Wukong just sighed dramatically. “Well, you know what I mean… what would I do without you, az?”

He asked, addressing his most strict moderator, ignoring the mass of messages that followed.

Despite teasing him relentlessly, wukong was always genuine when he asked that. Without azure he would be nowhere near where he is now in his streaming career- not to mention probably banned .

Twitch didn’t appreciate his blunt jokes, it seemed. Annoying, but fair.

He winked at the camera and continued playing the game peacefully, reading out a donation here and there before the peaceful atmosphere was interrupted.

Muffled screams could be heard through wukong's microphone, and it definitely wasn’t anything playing.

Wukong froze for a moment, but it was barely noticeable as he quickly regained his composure.

Macaque was yelling again, likely at another game. It was a common occurrence but rarely happened when he was streaming.

Looking to his right, wukong noticed his chat quickly flooding with all-caps messages and questions, asking about the origin of the mysterious sound.

Wukong made no move to show that he’d heard anything, his expression the same as ever.

He continued his stream as normal, acting as if nothing happened. After fifteen minutes passed, he looked straight at the camera again with a smile.

“Well,” he said slowly. “I think that’ll be the stream for tonight. Thank you all for tuning in once again~”

He smirked at the chat all screaming either their goodbyes or rows upon rows of ‘NOOOO’s and ended his stream.

Sighing, wukong removed the sticker-covered headphones from his head, placing them on the desk in front of him as he slid back from it in his chair.

Stretching his legs, he got up from the chair, left his room and headed towards Macaque's room, ready to inform him of what he had just done.

He already felt his phone vibrating uncontrollably in his pocket, knowing fully that his Twitter was probably being bombed.

Taking one step after another, he made it to Macaque's room, quietly opening the door.

Inside he spotted his husband doing exactly what he’d predicted: playing a videogame. Squinting, wukong could make out that it was some sort of shooter; hence the screaming, then.

Smiling fondly, wukong leaned on the doorframe for a moment, taking in the sight of macaque in his natural habitat.

Wearing a simple white t-shirt and black shorts, sitting cross-legged on a chair matching wukong's, purple and black headphones sitting atop his tied-up black hair.