Wonders Of Life

A/N: Okay, first off. You honestly may be wondering why in the hell I would even ship Wonder Red with Ludwig. To be fair, this has definitely been one of the weirdest ships I've ever written about that has come into my head in the past, because you know.. it's a rolling-skating fairy-tale character who solves riddles with rhymes paired up with the eldest Koopaling and former Crown Prince of the Koopa Kingdom (Ludwig head-canon for me there). But hey, sometimes you find something to write about that you didn't expect, and so.. with Super Mario Bros Wonder out, without the Koopalings in the game, I figured.. why not take a look at how Ludwig feels in a universe where a teenage Wonder Red comes into his world in an accident that also turns Ludwig human, and they both are in love? Thus, here we are with this one-shot. Enjoy!

—————————————————

He wasn't exactly happy when Bowser went off to seize the power of the Wonder Flower without him and the other Koopalings.

No, scratch that. He was rather pissed off about it. It was exactly why he was standing at the balcony of his bedroom at the top of his personal tower, staring out across what of Dark Land he could see in the general direction of the Flower Kingdom. He felt angry and frustrated, more towards Bowser than Bowser Jr. To be fair, even Junior himself felt it would have been wise to bring him and the other Koopalings along as well, but Bowser had refused - and from what the news he had just received from Kammy had suggested, Junior had apparently been proven right. Ludwig was sure that the second-in-line to the throne, who he had originally resented for taking what was his, had given his all despite being on his own, and in the end, out of the despair and frustration at the failure in the Flower Kingdom, that was the only silver lining to it all. Junior was becoming better by the day, and with him being able to use the power of the Wonder Flower for a time, more than likely he was able to keep those pesky plumbers and their allies on their toes and show that the days of him being a pushover were over.

Even so, it definitely was a mistake not to bring him and his siblings along and have them seize the Royal Seeds, as he saw it. To be fair, he could tell they had great potential, for if they could be used to destroy Bowser's cloud piranhas, who knows what else Iggy could have been able to use them for? Alas, they would never know - since Bowser only took Bowser Jr and Kamek along with him, leaving the rest of them - along with Red - stuck in Bowser's Castle.

His rather grumpy mood perked up majorly at the mention of her in his mind. Red. The only part - or woman, he should say that made these times stuck here at the castle - as a human no less, thanks to the same mishap that brought Red into the Mushroom World and into his life - because of Bowser being impatient and wanting to get his hands on whether it was he wanted - or Peach - as quickly as possible.. more bearable now.

Not that he didn't mind being with her, to be perfectly honest. In fact, he loved it, just like how he was madly in love with her. Whenever she was around, his heart thumped faster and he felt heat inside of himself as warm as the lava in Dark Land itself, or so it seemed. Right from their first meeting, his siblings, Junior, Kammy, Kamek, and Bowser himself could definitely see the attraction between them, though to be fair, he would have preferred getting stuck into the floor of Iggy's lab than having to hit the ground on his back as a human while catching her bridal style in his arms in the process.

It was at that moment, just as he was thinking about her, that her voice interrupted his thought process.

"You're thinking about what happened in the Flower Kingdom again, are you Luddy?" she asked, with love, affection, and a bit of concern dripping from her voice. He blushed a little upon hearing the nickname some of his siblings used for him come out of her mouth. Even so, she was definitely on point for saying precisely what her boyfriend, him, was thinking about right now.

"Yeah.. I am.." he said after a few moments of silence, before he turned around to face her, only to have that blush on his face turn much more darker. She still had her distinctive purple roller skates on, but instead of a purple tank top, she had on an amazingly beautiful light purple sleeveless dress, emphasizing cuteness and beauty over sexy since neither of them felt that kind of way.. yet. He couldn't see if she was wearing anything underneath it, only the roller skates and what appeared to be red dress socks, but with the dress and her pigtails being undone on this occasion, letting her long brown hair cascade behind her head and down the back of the dress, the tomboy's cuteness and beauty was more amplified than ever in Ludwig's mind.

She skated the short distance between her and him, the five foot four tomboy reaching out with her hand as she came to a stop a few inches away from him and gently touched her chin, a smile on her face. "You don't have to keep thinking about it, you know.." she said, affection twinkling in her brown eyes. If Ludwig was butter, he swore he would have melted to a puddle in the blink of an eye from this.

"I..I.. know.." he started, trying to find the words to say. Ever since they had met in the accident in Iggy's lab, which had turned him into a human that was 5 feet 5 inches tall coincidentally and also brought her into the Mushroom World, whenever she had a cute moment, his ability to find the words to say to her or those around him if he saw her being cute went from perfectly normal to downright difficult. Some of his siblings, especially Roy, constantly teased him over it, but teasing aside, it seemed that whenever both of them were in the same room together, his siblings and also anyone else in the room with them would simply just take a step back and let the interactions between her and him play out.

She giggled. "Well.. don't.." she said to him. "Because why do that when you can focus on other things, like music, having fun with your siblings, or.."

In a rare moment of seduction for her, she whispered the last part into his ear, "..maybe spend some moments alone with me?~" She pulled away from his ear, a light blush on her face as she processed what she had just done. Ludwig, meanwhile, felt his desires soaring and his heart burning with more heat than ever before. He spaced out, looking into the distance for a bit, processing what had just occurred. She waited.. and waited.. until a couple minutes later, she wondered if her boyfriend was even there.

"Hello~" she called. "Earth to..-"

In an instance, Ludwig had moved like a flash, picking Red up bridal style and causing her to now blush heavily, the tomboy wrapping her arms around Ludwig's neck. He smirked, desire and passion flickering in his grey eyes, as he gazed at his beautiful girlfriend. "Yeah.. now that I think about it, you're right~" he says, his voice going a bit deeper than usual while filled with desire, causing her to blush even more.

"Why think about not getting to go to the Flower Kingdom and see the power of the Wonder Flowers and whatever.. when I've got the greatest wonder life could ever give me.. right here.~"

Red wasn't thinking at all, she felt happy.. and her desires were driving her wild inside. Just as Ludwig was about to say something else, she cut him off by gently pulling his head down a little bit and meeting him halfway, kissing him square on the lips. Ludwig's eyes widened a bit for a few moments, but then closed shut in delight as the two kissed each other on the balcony, both of them even more in love with the other now, knowing full well that Ludwig did have a point.

Each of them was the greatest wonder life could ever give the other, and that suited both of them just fine.