Chapter-8 Request

Start from the beginning

I realized it was the name I'd heard earlier, and the boy was already approaching us. 

Nfirea: "Nice to meet you. I'm the one who made the request. So about the reque-"

I held my hand and stop him.

YN: "I'm terribly sorry, but I'm already contracted for another job. I can't take on your request right away."

A commotion went through the room. The Swords of Darkness members were especially startled. 

Peter: "But Arc, he's requesting you!"

Seeing Peter's reaction, I wondered if a request by name was really worth getting so excited about.

YN: "That may be, but it's only right to prioritize the previous engagement, don't you think?"

Velzard: "Isn't it normal to complete the given task first. When we take a job it is our responsibility to complete it.

It seemed our conclusion was not mistaken. Some of the on looking adventurers nodded; I'd made a favorable impression. 

Peter: "But... our request can't even properly be called a request, and we can't even pay you if we don't encounter any monsters."

The difference in value of the work between a request from this boy -who is not only famous himself but also has a famous grandmother- and roaming around hunting monsters is enormous. That must be why Peter is trying to give me some space.

YN: "Then how about this, Peter? I haven't heard anything about the job or the compensation, so I'll listen to what Mr. Baleare has to say and then we can decide."

Nfirea: "That's fine with me. We'd like to go sooner rather than later, but we weren't even planning on today or tomorrow anyhow."

YN: "Then let's have the Swords of Darkness come while we talk it over. If we can come to an agreement... or rather, if we can't, I suppose, I'll go ahead and prioritize my previous engagement."

Peter: "What? You want us in your meeting?"

YN: "Yes. As a concerned party, your input is important to us."

Once the Swords of Darkness agreed to the plan, they all returned to the meeting room they had just come from. I smiled wryly and sat in the same seat as before. Everyone sat in the same place as before, and Nfirea sat one seat down from us. The Swords of Darkness members, like us, all took the same seats as before. The first to speak was, naturally, Nfirea.

Nfirea: "The woman at reception mentioned my name before but allow me to introduce myself. My name is Nfirea Baleare. I'm an apothecary in this city. As for my request, I'm planning to go to a nearby forest, but as you know, the forest is a dangerous place. So, I'd like you to escort me but also, if possible, help me collect medicinal herbs."

Momonga: "An escort job? I see."

Momonga knew that he was strong himself, and if he teamed up with Narberal, annihilating any monster that came at them would probably be a piece of cake. The problem was that when it came to escort duty, he wasn't so certain he could pull it off. As casters, neither he nor Narberal or Velzard had the tanking skills that would be useful to guard someone. And then adding me I might guard the client, but the main problem still remain was the identification of herbs. Ini game the flower details appeared on the screen so if we wanted any herb, we would find it with the help of menu. But here the herbs might be different.  

Nfirea: "Compensation would be a fixed amo-"

YN: "One moment. How convenient that it's an escort job. Hey, Peter, what would you say to me hiring you instead?"