Chapter-8 Request

YN POV

After the apologies between Momonga and Peter was over. 

Peter: "Okay, can we say that no one has questions?"

He addressed the group once more, leaving out Lukrut with goofy grin and icy females. 

Peter: "Then let's head out once you're ready. Our preparations have already been made."

At the word preparations, I remembered something. I'd purchased the minimum necessary provisions from the innkeeper, but neither me nor any of my party member required the bulky food and drink. Of course, it would be suspicious if we ate nothing, so we supposed it was necessary to some extent. 

YN: "Okay. We'll be ready to leave once we replenish our food supply."

Peter: "Just food? If you don't need to buy from a particular stone, the desk has nonperishables. They can get you ready in no time."

Momonga: "Oh, that sounds good. And when we can leave right away."

Peter: "Shall we go then?"

We all stood up and left the meeting room.

When we got back to reception, there were more adventures around than before and several groups had gathered around where the parchments were posted, but almost everyone was focused on one boy.

The blond youth was talking with one of the receptionists, but the other two were listening in. The atmosphere had done a complete one-eighty from the earlier bustle.

Just then, the receptionist's mouth made a perfect O-of surprise. And her line of sight led to me.

YN: 'What the heck?'

As I wondered what was going on, the receptionist stood up and came over.

Receptionist: "You have been requested by name."

At her words, the vibe in the room changed dramatically. I felt the unreserved stares of numerous curious eyes. The members of the Sword of Darkness also seemed surprised.

Narberal made a slight move in response to the mysterious change in atmosphere. She was shifting just in case she had to deal with a situation, preparing for combat. 

 Narberal's movements were bad, no matter what her reason. She may very well have been acting to protect us after detecting something off about the vibe, but it wasn't appropriate here. Or rather, someone with common sense wouldn't do what she was doing. Even if she was prioritizing our safety above all else, she was being too thoughtless.

Velzard was on the guard, but she didn't show it. And Momonga was acting naturally as if everything is normal. I on the other hand observe the situation. 

Momonga: 'That idiot Narberal. She's as bad as Albedo, but gah, what is she thinking? Actually, she's probably not thinking. She looks down on humans, so to her it would be like stepping on some noisy bugs. I guess it makes sense to have that attitude, since Ainz Ooal Gown is a guild made up entirely of grotesques, but there's still a time and a place for it.'

Completely ignoring her, I turn to receptionist.

YN: "By who?"

Receptionist: "Nfirea Baleare."