I threw my pillow at him.

"She likes me back, just way, way, way, way, WAY deep down inside." I said.

He scoffed.

"Okay, yeah sure." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"And I know I have to move on, but I just can't stop thinking about her! I can't eat, sleep, or write music without thinking about her! She's in my dreams every night! And I never want to be away from her!" I said.

"And it's hard knowing that the one person that you want to spend the rest of your life forever loving, not only got their heart broken by you, but also doesn't even think of you as a friend." I said.

"Dude, I know it's hard, and I know how you feel, and I know that there's nothing I can do to change that, but as your best friend, the only thing that I know how to do and that I'm great at is getting you out of your slump." He said as he pulled me out of bed.

"You can't even do that!" I said. He rolled his eyes.

"Watch me, asshole." He said. I rolled my eyes.

____________________________________
*The next day*

"You ready?" My mom asked as I crawled into the small elevator of the stage

"You ready?" My mom asked as I crawled into the small elevator of the stage. I nod and smile.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be." I said.

As the elevator started to go up, the intro to my song, Honeymoon Avenue started to play.

The crowed screamed when I appeared on stage singing.

"Uh-huh
Ooh, yeah
Mmm, ah
(It's the Rascals)

I looked in my rear view mirror and
It seemed to make a lot more sense
Than what what I see ahead of us, ahead of us, yeah
Uh, I'm ready to make that turn
Before we both crash and burn
'Cause I know that could be the death of us, the death of us"

I danced to the song while moving around the stage.

"Baby you know how to drive in rain
And you decided not to make a change
Stuck in the same old lane
Going the wrong way home

I feel like my heart is stuck in bumper to bumper traffic
I'm under pressure 'cause I can't have you the way that I want
Let's just go back to the way it was
When we were on Honeymoon Avenue
Honeymoon Avenue, baby
Coastin' like crazy
Can we get back to the way it was?

*6 hours later*

"THANK YOU EVERYBODY! GOODNIGHT!" I said to the screaming crowd before exiting the stage.

I am so ready to get out of this stage outfit and change into my pjs.

"Oh my gosh you did so good!" Ally said as she hugged me. I hugged her back tightly.

"Thank you, I'm ready to go home." I said.

"Yeah, well let's get you changed first." My assistant Natalie said as she lead me to my dressing room.

I nod and follow her.

It took 30 minutes to change out of my attire, but I sighed at the instant relief of having to take my heels off and slip into sneakers.

"You preformed really well, I'm surprised this place didn't sell out." Natalie said.

I shrug.

"Well, that'll happen in the future. It's only the beginning." I said as I slipped my shirt over my head. She nodded.

*at home* *3rd person pov*

*at home*
*3rd person pov*

"I made tea." Austin said as Ruby entered the kitchen.

"I don't want tea." She said as she opened the fridge and pulled out a water bottle.

"I did not make tea for you. This is my tea." He said.

"Then why are you telling me?" She asked.

"It's a conversation starter." He said as he sipped his green tea.

"That's a lousy conversation starter." She said as she looked for something to eat in the fridge.

"Oh, is it? We're conversing. Checkmate." He said as he walked by her and into the living room with their friends.

She rolled her eyes and shut the fridge before she poured fruit into a bowl to eat.

They are both oblivious to the fact, the tension between them has been thick ever since Ruby came back to Miami.

Half because Austin is head over heels in love, and half because Ruby hates him and knows he's still in love with her.

The only reason she hasn't lashed out yet is because of her friends.

"You okay?" Ally asked as Ruby sat dow next to her on the floor. She nodded and laid her head down on her shoulder. Ally laid her head on top of hers,

*Later*

Austin sat down next to Ruby on her bedside desk. Ruby was laying in bed ad Austin sat in her fluffy pink chair.

"You already bother me." She said as she was irritated tha he was purposly talking to her to keep her from sleeping.

"Yeah, but this time it's something serious." He said. She sat up in curiosity.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"It's about a girl." He said. She scoffed.

"If it's about how to get better game, i'm done teaching you my ways. I give up, I tried HARD." She said as she laid back down and covered herself with her giant fluffy blanket.

"I asked you out." He said. She uncovered her face.

"Yeah, only because I flirted with you first by asking you out to get pizza and play 20 questions. I played all over that court to get you to ask me out. And you lost the game." She said.

"I didn't lose the game." He said.

"If you didn't lose the game, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Now get out I'm trying to sleep." She said. He sighed as he got up, walked out, and slammed her door.

"DON'T SLAM MY DOOR!" She yelled.

"I'LL SLAM WHATEVER I WANT!" He yelled as he stood at the door. He sprinted downstairs when she threw a shoe at her door creating a loud thud.

*The next day*