Chapter 174 - Fate [05]

Start from the beginning

Every time he come back, actually what is said is the same. In the past, Xia Yu had casually listen and respond, now listening this his heart is uncomfortable.

During the meal, Xia Yu's father asked him about his work and told him not to feel wronged if his work didn't go well. He had two apartments at home and their door is always open. It was not impossible to find job. There was no need to work so hard.

In the past, Xia Yu was always a little impatient when he heard this. He knew his father meant well, but he also felt that he was being underestimated and seemed unable to do anything. 

Now his mentality has changed. He only feels that he is really happy, with the love of his parents, they never concealed it from him.

So he couldn't imagine what would happen to this family if something happened to him. Maybe his parents would no longer be as happy as they were, and this family would even become as deserted as death. 

Their hair would become grayer and whiter, the wrinkles will become deeper and deeper, and when they get older, they will have difficulty moving, and there won't even be anyone around to take care of them.

Xia Yu understood Wen Ran's intention of letting him come back, but it was one thing to understand some things, and another thing to truly feel them. 

Xia Yu lived at home that day, in the dust-free room that was still cleaned even if he was not at home. Looking at the memories of his childhood and youth on the desk and on the wall, Xia Yu smiled and suddenly thought, why is he so stubborn? 

Sure enough, people with a love brain, they are not really that wise.

-

The team transfer that Fang Kai applied to Xia Yu was quickly approved. Xia Yu accepted it calmly. Before leaving, he even invited the whole team to have a meal. 

After everyone had finished eating and drinking, Xia Yu looking at Fang Kai who was sitting motionless, he asked, "Aren't you leaving?"

Fang Kai said, "Xiao Yu." 

Xia Yu looked at him without saying a word.

Fang Kai said: "I can't..."

Xia Yu interrupted him directly: "I know, I understand, I understand. You can't ignore the child, you can't give up your job, but you can give up your life, or give up on me."

Fang Kai frowned: "Xiao Yu, although the epidemic area is dangerous, I am not a doctor. I will not have direct contact with infected people. I will have sufficient protection. It is not as dangerous as you think. And fortune telling..."

Xia Yu threw the cup in his hand on the table. It made a clattering sound and stopped Fang Kai's words: "Don't believe it if you don't believe it. Life is yours. 

"I have thought about it a lot these days. I even thought to simply find someone to break your legs to give you a reason not to go, and ask the higher ups to send someone else, and then I will pick up the child for you. 

"The child is infected, and I may not be able to pick him up at all and like his parents he had to stay there forever, but if I went, you would not feel guilty for the rest of your life, and the disaster would be over. 

"But then I went back home and changed my mind." 

Fang Kai: "Xiao Yu, if I come back, can we get married?"

Xia Yu smiled directly: "No, Fang Kai, I will formally inform you that we broke up. If something happens to you over there, I will take care of your funeral, but that's all.