Chapter 174 - Fate [05]

Wen Ran knew very well what Xia Yu wanted to do, but in Wen Ran's opinion, Xia Yu's idea was too naive.

"I have said that fate is not immutable. If you are single in the future, it means that you will not die today, not that you get a gold medal for immunity from death. And don't you think that putting all your life on one person is a bit of a waste? Is it not too narrow?"

Xia Yu lowered his eyes: "I..."

Wen Ran said: "Before you want to do anything, go back and see your parents."

-

Although the environment of Xia Yu's family is not that rich, it is still pretty good. 

His father went to sea early, so he accumulated some wealth. When Xia Yu entered college, his father bought him a house with full payment. When he was studying, he also had the most living expenses in the dormitory, so he live quite lavishly. 

But his parents were already a little old when they had him. Xia Yu hadn't graduated from college yet, and his parents had already reached the age of retirement. 

In addition, Xia Yu had no interest in business matters at all, and wanted to go into the journalism industry. So his father had transferred the business in the past two years, recovered a sum of money, and then lived a retirement life with his mother at home.

Xia Yu goes home often, at least once or twice a month, but in the past, he only went home to have a meal and get some clothes to change. Seeing that his parents' life was as usual, he continued to work hard at his job. 

When he came back this time, whether it was because his mood was different or something else, looking at his father sitting downstairs chatting with a group of old neighbors, Xia Yu's eyes suddenly started to heat up. 

His father seemed to be getting old. He have always been a man with a strong heart. Xia Yu didn't know when hid father started to have so many gray hairs.

Xia Yu's father has very sharp eyes. He could see his son at a glance even if he was standing far away. He was having a lot of fun chatting with his neighbors. When he saw his son, the smile on his face instantly became bigger: "Xiao Yu!"

The neighbors looked at Xia Yu and praised him with smiles. He is really a big boy. They remember when he was as tall as a carrot and he chased cats and dogs all over the neighborhood. In a blink of an eye, he grew tall and handsome. 

They couldn't help but tease: Dad, your son is so handsome, and you're going to have a daughter-in-law soon.

Xia Yu's father smiled from ear to ear. He put his hand on Xia Yu's shoulder and said to the neighbors: "Okay, okay, my son finally came back. My family never presses for marriage. He can do it whenever he wants. No pressure!"

Xia Yu responded with a smile, but felt sour in his heart. What he used to feel his extremely tall father was now shorter than him.

Xia Yu's mother, who was also playing downstairs, received a call from her husband saying that her son had returned, so she quickly went to the nearby vegetable market to prepare Xia Yu's favorite dishes.

His mother was cooking in the kitchen. The woman who was slender in the past has now become plump. Although there are wrinkles on her face, she always has a smile. 

Xia Yu leaned against the door of the kitchen and listened to her mother's chatter: Is it good to eat outside? Have you ever forgotten to eat when you are busy? Do you have takeout all day long? You can't eat takeout because it is too dirty. Since you live outside, you have to learn to cook by yourself, etc.