Harmony of strings (44)

(No one's POV)

Visible clouds drifted across the sky, the sun was about to disappear behind the pine forest, bringing the night with it, as Y/n and Kokushibo walked down the mansion's stairs to the great living room.

"-Yes, I agree with you, Gyutaro-dono. After so many hundreds of years...Oh, Kokushibo-dono, Y/n-chan!" exclaimed Upper Moon Two, his eyes glinting in the moonlight from the shoji door, turning to whomever they had spotted.

Suddenly, he felt someone swoop down on him, enveloping him in a tight hug.

Someone with a familiar soft scent.

"-Y/n-chan~..." chuckled Douma, hugging her back.

Then he looked back at the six-eyed man next to him.
"-Kokushibo-dono, isn't it a beautiful moon tonight?" he smiled.

"-Yes, Douma." he replied briefly, still staring at a single point through shoji door.

Although, he didn't even look at it. Kokushibo kept staring into the forest, not even knowing where his eyes were fixed, as his mind was filled with what the coming night would bring.

Douma kept looking at the shoji open door, then at Upper Moon One, and loosened his grip on Y/n, thinking she was trying to get out of his arms, but to his surprise, she clung to him even tighter instead of releasing him.

He looked back at her, chuckling

"-Y/n... My dear, did you miss me already? ~" he lowered his head to hers, leaving a small kiss on her hair.

Y/n buried her head even deeper into his warm chest, pulling at his shirt.

But really, of course, he knew what was going on.

This night would change a lot for everyone.

Maybe even too much.

So Y/n wanted to enjoy this moment of peace for as long as possible.

And Douma didn't mind.

No, he was even in favor of it.

For a second, he caught himself thinking that he had never been so in favor of something in his long demon life.

"-Alright, Y/n-chan, I won't let go." he whispered, pulling Y/n even closer to him, burying his face in the crook of her neck, his breath lightly blowing through Y/n's hair.

Akaza hissed slightly, watching this from the side.

He didn't like the thought of Upper Moon Two just snuggling up to soft, warm, sweet-smelling Y/n like this. Snuggling up to her body, leaving his scent on her...

He was sure that Douma didn't deserve this. But he couldn't force her to move in his direction.

After all, it was Y/n who had hugged Douma, not the other way around.

Akaza realized that she wanted it now.

She needed it.

And he couldn't bring himself to resist.

So, after standing there in indecision for a few more moments, Akaza snorted and turned away, crossing his arms.

He was about to calm down, breathing deeply, when he heard Douma...sniffing?

"-Y/-chan, is it just me, or do you truly smell like Kokushibo-do..."

But before he could speak, a sharp sound of a biwa was heard, and all the Upper Moons felt themselves on the floor of the Infinite Castle.

(Y/n's POV:)
Suddenly, my heart skipped a beat when I heard a familiar sound, and then I felt Douma disappear from my arms.

I looked around, taking in my surroundings.