His reward (13)

A moment later, they opened, and the moonlight shone on a blond male figure in the doorway

"-Good night! I see you're having fun here, hm~?"

(Y/n's POV:)

"-Douma!" I quickly got out of bed and ran at him, enclosing him in a tight hug.

He chuckled, and looked at Kokushibo, who was still sitting on the bed.

"-Greetings. Did you just get here?" asked Upper Moon One calmly.

"-Yes, I just did."

"-From the mission?"

"-You're right, Kokushibo-dono. Also had to take care of some business at the temple, that it was already morning, and as Nakime can't teleport us indefinitely, I had to stay a little longer." said Douma, stroking my back.

"-I see. Have you seen Lord by any chance?" Kokushibo cut him off, seemingly having heard all he wanted to hear.

"-Ah, I have! Muzan-sama is already here, I just saw him go into his office room. He asked to tell Y/n to come." said Douma.

"-I'll go then, I don't want to be kept waiting" I said, and headed to the shoji door.
Once outside, I went straight upstairs to my room and there grabbed a stack of papers, then running quietly downstairs.

Then, I finally got to the door, and knocked.

"-Come in" came the reply. And without hesitation, I entered the room, closing the door behind me.

Having done so, I immediately bowed down

"-Greetings, Muzan-sama. Here are records of the Flower Pillars, as you ordered."
I said, not looking up from my bow.

Then I heard footsteps approaching me, and I felt him take what I was holding.

For a few moments, I could only hear the pages turning and soft breathing, as then I heard his voice, forcing me to look at him

"-Y/n..." he said in a calm tone, looking from the papers to me.

A thousand thoughts ran through my head in a moment
"-What if I did something wrong? What if I made a mistake...."
But then my thoughts were interrupted

"-You did well." I heard him say calmly, which made me exhale deeply inside.

And then he went to the table. I followed him. As he approached, he put the notes on the table and looked at them.
I wanted to ask him why he had records of all of Hashira genuses, but I didn't dare ask.
He looked too absorbed and focused.

Besides, an unthinking answer popped into my head almost as quickly as the question. It's simple - so that their valuable, lifelong knowledge of the pillars can no longer be passed down from generation to generation.

This would quickly make the quality of training of new demon slayers much and much less effective, because teachers, former Pillars, would only be able to teach from memory, so in just a few generations, it would make their entire organization pathetic and helpless.

I smiled.

"-How clever... Muzan-sama, you're incredible..." I looked at him admiringly as he studied the notes, forgetting about respect for a moment.
But then I heard him chuckle slightly.

I immediately realized that all my thoughts had been read, and my cheeks suddenly flushed.
Suddenly, he looked away from the stack of papers and headed straight for his chair next to the fireplace.
It wasn't burning at the moment, of course, because it was already early morning, so there was no cold coming from the outside.
I immediately turned toward him and bowed as low as I could. When he sat down comfortably, he addressed me

"-I am pleased with you, Y/n. You've been doing very well on the missions lately" he said, and I felt my whole face fill with warmth again. It always feels good, being praised by him.

"-And as I said, I like those who serve me well."

I didn't say anything, just nodded, staying silent.

"-And I also said that they always get their reward, remember?" he said.

And then I heard the sound of... like, moving fabric? But... where was it coming from?

I nodded again.

"-Then you can come closer, and take it."

"-Wait. Why does it smell all that sweet? Is it really what I think it is..."

But I obeyed him, and coming closer to the chair in which he was sitting, I immediately knelt down.
Then I raised my head with hesitation, and...And at that moment my eyes met the source of that intoxicating smell.

Right in front of me was his hand outstretched, open from the sleeve of his shirt, from which his precious crimson blood was flowing and dripping.

"-Is this... my reward..." ran through my mind as I felt myself salivating.
But I quickly regained control of myself, swallowed and looked into his eyes, which were  not different in color from what was flowing so invitingly, so atoningly from his opened hand...
And then I heard his deep voice

"-Do it, if you don't want this precious blood, which can make you much more stronger, to drip on floor in vain."

Thank you very much for reading
this chapter! 
If you enjoyed it, don't forget to leave the comment as it means world to me!