ten. you don't know me at all

Magsimula sa umpisa

everyone laughed, except viviana again, and somehow this time jeremiah wasn't the only one who noticed.

" okay , wait, wait, wait. but what if it was a race?" belly suggested

"I mean, isn't that — " belly said, hoping they would agree with her "isn't that the premise of, like, every drinking game?"

"you want to play a drinking game?" gigi laughed having noticed the girl barely drank

"why not? i mean, it's the fourth of july, right?"

"fuck it." "let's do it."

just as viviana was about to join in, her phone started ringing as she looked at it, she smiled softly "i have to take this" she turned to jeremiah who nodded with a sinking feeling in his stomach

why was she suddenly smiling? why did she have to go away when she was on the phone, either way jeremiah decided to play and try to drink away this confusing feeling.

"hey" viviana mumbled, her smile still visible

"hey sweetheart" a muscular voice was heard as it brought warmth to viviana "how is the fourth going so far?" vivianaʼs dad asked making her sound nervous but she brushed it off

"it's really good! aunt cor and betty are here too" viviana said excitedly "but I really wish you were here too"

"yea i wish i was there too" it didn't sound right. "how is jeremiah?"

viviana could picture her dad with a smirk painted on his face "he is uh — his good"

"how come you never told me you had a boyfriend" vivianaʼs dad asked and that was it, all her excitement was gone because just then she put the pieces together

"did she tell you to call me?" vivianaʼs voice was no longer soft

"what are you talking about?"

"did cordelia tell you to call me?" she never sounded so angry with him not when they got in an argument or whenever he called.

thatʼs if he ever called.

"i always call you, anna" the man defended earning a chuckle from the girl.

"bullshit, you haven't called me in months" her voice was about to break

"language" her father sounded angry now too.

"whatever" viviana grumbled

"do you always make things harder?" her father wasn't done " i am so sick of this"

"then you shouldn't have called me" viviana said, as she hung up without a goodbye.

she was far away from the others so no one would see her, so she just sat down on the sand. her fists balled up as to hold in her anger.

though she wasn't angry, and she knew that, but she would like her body to believe she was angry so maybe her mind would numb itself from the pain and just feel anger.

"vivi?" jeremiah called out to the girl who was watching the waves, she didn't turn around though as she didn't even hear him.

jeremiah walked forward placing a hand on her shoulder making her flinch slightly "it's just me"

he could feel the tension fading away at his words making a warm feeling go through his stomach, one that he wanted to get rid of.

"everyone is leaving come on" jeremiah offered her his hand but she just stood up on her own and started walking next to him all while jeremiah had a frown on his face because she didnt accept his hand.