Chapter - 2: Where it all Began

Start from the beginning

The kid flies a few meters away before falling to the ground.

"That's it? You looked way more confident about hitting that scrawny little kid before. Scared?" Tommy talks to the bigger kid.

"I'm sorry... I will never hurt this kid again!" the bigger kid replies.

"Never hurt this kid? That's not enough for me, little guy." Tommy replies back.

"Please... don't hit me..." the bigger kid begs Tommy.

"Don't worry. I am not like you. I don't find it fun to pick on others. Especially those weaker than I am. As long as you promise to be the same, I will let you off the hook. Deal?" Tommy says to the kid.

"Yes... I will keep that in mind..." the kid replies back before running away with his gang.

"Thank you Mr.!" The kid comes running towards Tommy and hugs him while crying.

"Your welcome kid. However, you gotta become stronger. You aren't gonna be as lucky as you were today all the time y'know." Tommy replies to the kid.

"I know... but I am weak..." the kid replies back.

"You're not weak. Trust me, guys who seem big and bulky aren't all that. Y'know what, I'll show you how to deal with such people!" Tommy says to the kid.

"Really!?" the kid asks Tommy with an excited look.

"Of course. Now firstly, stand straight, get the hand you use the most ahead and the other a little behind. Get your fists ready, hips straight, eyes on the target, which is me in this case." Tommy answers the kid.

"Okay! Like this?" the kid asks back.

"Yep. Just like that. You're a quick learner. Now read the opponent's movements and wait for them to strike. As soon as they do that, dodge! And then you'll have an opening to hit. It's standard fighting practice. You just gotta be faster than your opponent." Tommy says to the kid and asks him to demonstrate it.

Tommy pretends to punch the kid and the kid ends up hitting Tommy pretty hard and he falls on his back.

"OUCH!" Tommy screams.

"Are you okay Mr.!?!" the kid asks Tommy with a worried look.

"Don't worry kid. That was a great punch right there. You don't have to fear anyone!" Tommy replies.

"Okay! I'll keep that in mind! Thank you Mr.!" the kid says before leaving.

"Hehe. Gosh that hurts my jaw though." Tommy says to himself.

"Hey! Let me see that!" Yoko says to Tommy as she enters the park following him there.

"Oh hey Yoko!" Tommy replies.

They both sit on a bench as Yoko applies an ointment on Tommy's jaw.

"Ouch ouch ouch!" Tommy shrieks.

"Oh don't be a baby, it's almost done! There!" Yoko replies.

"Thanks Yoko. I'm glad you're always looking out for me" Tommy replies back.

"Ah it's nothing compared to the tens of times you've saved me and so many others like that kid today. That aside, why wouldn't I look out for my boyfriend?!" Yoko exclaims.

"Aha ha ha. I guess. But I can't save everyone... In that incident a few days ago... I don't even remember what had happened. But what if something had happened to you or Oli...? It worries me... I promise you though... I will become stronger... So that it never happens again!" Tommy replies back.

"It's okay, silly. You're here, I'm here, we all got back safe and sound. It's the outcomes that matter! And besides, I will never turn on you!" Yoko replies.