Chapter - 2: Where it all Began

Start from the beginning

"Okay!" Tommy replies back.

"Hey Tommy!" Dr. Mari shows up.

"Yo! Ms. Mari! Boss too busy to see us again?" Tommy replies.

"Yeah but he does wish to talk to you and he's waiting on the phone." Mari replies as she hands the phone over to Tommy.

"Hey boss, what's up?" Tommy asks the boss.

"I heard you don't remember the events that transpired against Pierre. That really true?" The boss asks.

"Yep. Can't recall anything honestly..." Tommy answers.

"Well... Let's fill you in on the details Yoko and Oli have told me. You seemingly looked *not like yourself* or whatever that means according to them after being hit by some sort of lightning" The boss explains to Tommy, the situation at hand.

"Hold on what...? That sounds like a generic manga plot to me." Tommy replies.

"Well, you seemingly burnt and knocked Pierre out to death in this seemingly possessed state. You've been unconscious ever since. Now I know as much as the rest do but are you sure you're okay?" The boss asks.

"Outside of the pain in my head, I feel alright." Tommy answers again.

"Anyways. I need you to be more cautious from here on out. Try to prevent any outbursts like that. Today we managed to hop some trouble off of you but I don't know if we can continue doing that in the future. Whatever happened there could've been life threatening to both Yoko and Oli as well. You've got to be more responsible to protect them. Got it Tommy?" The boss says.

"I got it... I'll try my best to be on my best behavior..." Tommy answers.

"Good. I don't want to be harsh but you need a check of reality. What happened there may be bizarre and you may not be at fault but that's not how reality works. In such deadly events, innocent lives are lost in crossfire. If you can't accept that and take action upon it, there will be inevitable consequences. Be it from reality itself... Or consequences I have to issue. It would be very convenient for me if you act a little less rash and avoid landing a suspension or prison sentence." The boss says before he hangs up.

"Geez, his lectures are always so long. But he is right... I am genuinely worried now... It's like nothing has changed since that day... When will he stop looking down on me..." Tommy thinks to himself...

The scene shifts to the gang finally returning home after some time. In these past few days since the incident however, Yoko takes notice of something being off about Tommy. It's as if he is upset about something. So she decides to stalk him instead of confronting him about it which would be the smarter way of handling things.

"I'm sorry... It was a mistake... Please spare me!" a kid cries while being held by a bigger kid.

"No way! How dare you hit the boss with your ball!" another bigger kid replies to the crying kid.

"It was a mistake... I told you multiple times! I was just playing catch with my buddy and he missed it... and it ended up landing on your head... again... I am sorry..." the kid begs for mercy.

"I don't see any other kid around here you brat. I am in a good mood today so I will spare you if you lend me some cash." the bigger kid holding the smaller kid replies.

"But I don't have any..." the small kid replies back.

"Well then too bad for you!" the bigger kid replies as he gets ready to beat the smaller kid up.

"HYAA-" the bigger kid screams right before Tommy shows up and grabs his fist.

"I saw what happened here. Kid, you sure overreact to others' mistakes." Tommy says to the bigger kid and punches him in the face.