"When you're gonna look around and realize happiness is where you are."

"Consider the coconut," Tui sang to Moana, holding the fruit.

"The what?" the people asked as she crowded Moana with their coconuts.

"Consider its tree," Tui sang.

"We use each part of the coconut

"It's all we need."

"We make our nets from the fibers," Sina sang as she held her coconut.

"The water is sweet inside." Moana poured some water into Pua's mouth.

"We use the leaves to build fires

"We cook up the meat inside." Moana then took Hei-Hei off a fireplace in panic.

"Consider the coconut," Tui continued as Moana tried sneaking back to the ocean, only to get caught again.

"The trunks and the leaves."

"The island gives us what we need," Moana's parents harmonized as they dragged Moana away.

"And no one leaves," Moana sang as she put her headdress on.

"That's right, we stay," Tui agreed as he and Sina led Moana down an aisle of their people.

"We're safe and we're well-provided

"And when we look to the future

"There you are." As they walked, Moana noticed her grandmother dancing by the ocean.

"You'll be okay," Tui continued, unaware Moana snuck off.

"In time, you'll learn just as I did."

"You must find happiness right where you are," Tui and Sina sang, realizing Moana had disappeared.

After fixing taking off that headdress, Moana fixed her hair and watched her gramma. Tala turned and smiled at Moana, inviting her to join in the dance.

"I like to dance with the water," Tala sang.

"The undertow and the waves

"The water is mischievous

"Ha!

"I like how it misbehaves

"The village may think I'm crazy

"Or say that I drift too far

"But once you know what you like

"Well, there you are."

——
Six years later, Moana grew into a beautiful young woman who still danced with Gramma Tala.

——Six years later, Moana grew into a beautiful young woman who still danced with Gramma Tala

"You are your father's daughter," Tala sang.

"Stubbornness and pride

"Mind what he says but remember

"You may hear a voice inside." Moana then helped her grandmother walk, right toward the boats.

"And if the voice starts to whisper

"To follow the farthest star

"Moana, that voice inside is who you are." Moana then realized her grandmother was giving her permission to go take one.

Unfortunately, Moana couldn't take two steps without Tui stepping in her path.

"Dad!" Moana said innocently. "I was only looking at the boats. I wasn't gonna get on 'em."

Tui looked at his mother, who just shrugged.

"Come on," Tui said to his daughter. "There's something I need to show you."

He guided her to the top of the mountain, saying, "I've wanted to bring you here from the moment you opened your eyes. This is a sacred place. A place of chiefs."

At the top of the hill was a collection of large, flat stones. In the center was a stack of these stones, the moss growing from the bottom indicated that some were older than the others.

"There will come a time," Tui continued, "when you will stand on this peak and place a stone on this mountain.

"Like I did. Like my father did. And his father, and every chief that has ever been.

"And on that day, when you add your stone, you will raise this whole island higher.

"You are the future of our people, Moana," Tui continued. "And they are not out there." He gestured to the ocean before pointing down at the village. "They are right here.

"It's time to be who they need you to be." Moana smiled and nodded.

"We make our nets from the fibers," the men of the village sang as they did their duties.

"We weave our nets from the fibers," the women harmonized.

"The water is sweet inside (A real tasty treat inside)

"We use the leaves to build fires (We sing these songs in our choirs)

"To cook up the meat inside (We have mouths to feed inside)."

"The village believes in us," Tui sang.

"The island gives us what we need

"And no one leaves!"

"So, here I'll stay," Moana sang as she danced.

"My home, my people beside me

"And when I think of tomorrow

"There we are

"I'll lead the way," Moana continued as she put her headdress on.

"I'll have my people to guide me

"We'll build our future together

"Where we are

"'Cause every path leads ya back to

"Where you are

"You can find happiness right

"Where you are," the people all sang.

"Where you are!"