Case 1;Covering Friendship-Chapter 5:

Frank was peacefully resting in a comfortable armchair at the police station. The background noise and dim lights in the room didn't seem to disturb his slumber. He was in that state between sleep and wakefulness when he was awakened by a hand on his shoulder. It was Commissioner Douglas.

"Frank, wake up. We need to talk," Douglas announced with a calm but firm tone.

Frank yawned and rubbed his eyes before getting up, displaying the determination that had been his trademark throughout the investigation.

"What's going on, Commissioner?" Frank asked.

Douglas looked at him intently before speaking.

"Rachel Sullivan and Max Turner have confessed. They've admitted their involvement in the murders of Emily and Mike."

Frank nodded calmly, as if he had been expecting this news.

"I suspected as much. But... Commissioner, I want to reinterrogate Daniel Harrington."

Commissioner Douglas raised an eyebrow, surprised by the request.

"Why? Rachel and Max have already confessed; it doesn't seem necessary."

Frank gave a half-smile and replied.

"I'm not doing it out of necessity; I'm doing it to obtain more information. Sometimes people tend to be more forthcoming in a second interview, especially when they know their initial confession isn't enough to solve the entire puzzle."

Douglas nodded, impressed by Frank's insight.

"You're right, Frank. Go ahead; I'll arrange the interrogation."

While Frank closed his eyes again and settled back into the armchair, Douglas set up the interrogation with Daniel Harrington. Several minutes passed before Douglas returned to where Frank was, waking him up once more.

"Frank, the interrogation with Daniel is ready. It'll be in Interrogation Room 2."

Frank got up from the armchair lazily, stretching once more before following the Commissioner to the interrogation room.

On the way, Douglas asked him, "Frank, what do you expect to gain from this second interrogation with Daniel? Rachel and Max have already confessed; what more can we find?"

Frank, with his ever-active mind, responded calmly, "I have some theories I want to confirm."

Commissioner Douglas nodded, recognizing the logic behind Frank's words. Interrogation Room 2 awaited them.

Frank and Commissioner Douglas entered the interrogation room. The Commissioner sat across from Daniel Harrington, who was nervously waiting. Frank, on the other hand, grabbed a chair and moved it next to Daniel, greeting him with confidence.

"Hello, Daniel. As you'll remember, I was here not long ago, and today we just need to clarify some details. I hope you can fully cooperate," Frank said with his calm smile.

Daniel nodded cautiously.

"Of course, I'll do whatever is necessary."

Commissioner Douglas observed the interaction as Frank began the interrogation.

"All right, Daniel, can you tell us where you were on the night of the beach party?" Frank asked.

Daniel furrowed his brow, trying to remember.

"I think I was at my apartment. I... was watching a movie, I think."

Frank nodded, maintaining a calm expression.

"We've spoken to Rachel and Max, and they've confessed that the four of you met at a private beach that night. But according to them, you weren't there. Can you confirm that?"