Shortcut (2007) [male!reader]

this is something that i got requested, somebody wanted a male reader, which i've never done before on this book :)

took inspiration from the scene where Michael kills Wesley in the woods for this !

ghostieoddity thanks for the request! <3

UPDATE MAY 20th, 2024: i am SO sorry that this request took me months! i am so guilty for no being on top of this. i have had issues with writing over the course of this time, but i've had this in my drafts forever and i decided i needed to work on it for you!

your idea sparked inspiration in me and i actually an considering taking this plotline and turning it into a full length story for michael on my page :)
i hope you enjoy this!

gay serial killer and all that :p
lmk if you wanna see this as a full length fic <3
~~~~~~~~~~

The blaring of the school bell had rung out through the halls, bright lights shining down on the swarm of kids eagerly leaving the stressful building. School was terrible for any kid that wasn't one of the outright popular ones so most of them were eager to leave and return to the safety of their homes. Leaves fell down, multicolored and gently falling down upon the boy's messy (h/c) haired strands. His hands reached up to brush messily through the locks, small huffs escaping his lips.

(Y/n) (L/n) had been the new boy in town for a whole week so far, his parents moving to Haddonfield for a so called fresh start. He really remembered overhearing that their dad found some better job and decided to uproot their lives. He couldn't say that he was too broken up about it considering he was always the quieter boy that kept to himself and rarely allowed himself to be brought up into the spotlight.

His tired eyes gazed down towards his worn out shoes before he decided that he didn't feel like taking the annoying bus today. His home was just past the woods so really, what was the harm in taking a shortcut?

The walk was peaceful and he found himself enjoying the subtle leaf piles that he spotted during the walk, even having the occasional thought to jump into them blindly. Maybe they'd take him away to a new town that he actually felt settled in. At least it was Halloween today and he could celebrate his favorite holiday.

(Y/n) had frowned heavily upon hearing what sounded like struggling and screaming deeper into the woods. It sounded like somebody was in real danger and he felt fear spike up at the base of his spine, unsure if approaching was the correct decision. If someone was in danger, he wanted to make sure they were okay considering he was always a caring boy that helped everyone he could.

The leaves crunched underneath the boy's boots as he ran deeper towards the sound, eager to make sure he got there in time in case somebody was hurt. His breaths puffed out from his lips and he stopped short suddenly once he reached a certain point.

It smelled awful.

"H-hello? Are you...okay-" He didn't have the chance to finish his sentence as his boot connected with the soft tissue of a recently deceased body. He gazed down and his eyes widened as he saw the beaten and caved in face of a boy he recognized around school today. He was an older kid and a bully but luckily, (Y/n) never encountered his mean antics.

Wesley.

The boy stumbled back and almost let out a scream when his back collided with another body. He swiveled around and now gazed at the blonde boy wearing a creepy clown mask over his features. Though he was hard to make out, the piercing blue eyes staring back at him was a dead giveaway. (Y/n) felt as if he shouldn't have saw what he just did and he was waiting for the temperamental Michael Myers to send his wrath down any moment.

"I-I'm so sorry-! Please don't hurt me!" The (e/c) eyed boy sobbed gently, cowering away against a tree and facing the slightly taller boy that subtly approached him. The blonde lifted the mask and brought his a finger to his lips, eyeing him sharply in that way he always seemed to eye everyone around him.

"Shh." Michael whispered gently before he was swiveling around to grab a stick and poke at the deceased body, probably to make sure he was really dead. He then brought his eyes to the cowering (h/c) haired boy before walking away nonchalantly.

(Y/n) had no idea what to do now that he was a witness to a literal murder. He reached down into his pocket to grasp his inhaler, shoving it into his mouth to puff air into his constricted lungs.

He had no way of knowing that he'd be a spark of obsession within the growing serial killer's mind. In the worst way possible.